Charges against MDOT’s Brown dropped
Published: July 26,2010
Brown was arrested at 6 a.m. Friday at the Beau Rivage Casino and Resort after a security guard spotted him sleeping in front of a slot machine.
Beau Rivage spokeswoman told the Associated Press the casino considers the matter closed. Cracchiola-Spain has not returned messages from the Mississippi Business Journal since Friday.
Brown denied he had been arrested at all Friday afternoon when the MBJ reached him on his cell phone.
“I haven’t been involved in anything drunk or disorderly,” he said.
Brown changed his tune about an hour later, after his mugshot had appeared on the MBJ’s website, and he started referring other media to the Beau Rivage.
Last year, the state Senate confirmed Brown as head of MDOT for another four-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi