Charges against MDOT’s Brown dropped
by Clay Chandler
Published: July 26,2010
Brown was arrested at 6 a.m. Friday at the Beau Rivage Casino and Resort after a security guard spotted him sleeping in front of a slot machine.
Beau Rivage spokeswoman told the Associated Press the casino considers the matter closed. Cracchiola-Spain has not returned messages from the Mississippi Business Journal since Friday.
Brown denied he had been arrested at all Friday afternoon when the MBJ reached him on his cell phone.
“I haven’t been involved in anything drunk or disorderly,” he said.
Brown changed his tune about an hour later, after his mugshot had appeared on the MBJ’s website, and he started referring other media to the Beau Rivage.
Last year, the state Senate confirmed Brown as head of MDOT for another four-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State