Charges against MDOT’s Brown dropped
Published: July 26,2010
Brown was arrested at 6 a.m. Friday at the Beau Rivage Casino and Resort after a security guard spotted him sleeping in front of a slot machine.
Beau Rivage spokeswoman told the Associated Press the casino considers the matter closed. Cracchiola-Spain has not returned messages from the Mississippi Business Journal since Friday.
Brown denied he had been arrested at all Friday afternoon when the MBJ reached him on his cell phone.
“I haven’t been involved in anything drunk or disorderly,” he said.
Brown changed his tune about an hour later, after his mugshot had appeared on the MBJ’s website, and he started referring other media to the Beau Rivage.
Last year, the state Senate confirmed Brown as head of MDOT for another four-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015