Charges against MDOT’s Brown dropped
Published: July 26,2010
Brown was arrested at 6 a.m. Friday at the Beau Rivage Casino and Resort after a security guard spotted him sleeping in front of a slot machine.
Beau Rivage spokeswoman told the Associated Press the casino considers the matter closed. Cracchiola-Spain has not returned messages from the Mississippi Business Journal since Friday.
Brown denied he had been arrested at all Friday afternoon when the MBJ reached him on his cell phone.
“I haven’t been involved in anything drunk or disorderly,” he said.
Brown changed his tune about an hour later, after his mugshot had appeared on the MBJ’s website, and he started referring other media to the Beau Rivage.
Last year, the state Senate confirmed Brown as head of MDOT for another four-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19