Charges against MDOT’s Brown dropped
Published: July 26,2010
Brown was arrested at 6 a.m. Friday at the Beau Rivage Casino and Resort after a security guard spotted him sleeping in front of a slot machine.
Beau Rivage spokeswoman told the Associated Press the casino considers the matter closed. Cracchiola-Spain has not returned messages from the Mississippi Business Journal since Friday.
Brown denied he had been arrested at all Friday afternoon when the MBJ reached him on his cell phone.
“I haven’t been involved in anything drunk or disorderly,” he said.
Brown changed his tune about an hour later, after his mugshot had appeared on the MBJ’s website, and he started referring other media to the Beau Rivage.
Last year, the state Senate confirmed Brown as head of MDOT for another four-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal