Charges against MDOT’s Brown dropped
Published: July 26,2010
Brown was arrested at 6 a.m. Friday at the Beau Rivage Casino and Resort after a security guard spotted him sleeping in front of a slot machine.
Beau Rivage spokeswoman told the Associated Press the casino considers the matter closed. Cracchiola-Spain has not returned messages from the Mississippi Business Journal since Friday.
Brown denied he had been arrested at all Friday afternoon when the MBJ reached him on his cell phone.
“I haven’t been involved in anything drunk or disorderly,” he said.
Brown changed his tune about an hour later, after his mugshot had appeared on the MBJ’s website, and he started referring other media to the Beau Rivage.
Last year, the state Senate confirmed Brown as head of MDOT for another four-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi