Charges against MDOT’s Brown dropped
by Clay Chandler
Published: July 26,2010
Brown was arrested at 6 a.m. Friday at the Beau Rivage Casino and Resort after a security guard spotted him sleeping in front of a slot machine.
Beau Rivage spokeswoman told the Associated Press the casino considers the matter closed. Cracchiola-Spain has not returned messages from the Mississippi Business Journal since Friday.
Brown denied he had been arrested at all Friday afternoon when the MBJ reached him on his cell phone.
“I haven’t been involved in anything drunk or disorderly,” he said.
Brown changed his tune about an hour later, after his mugshot had appeared on the MBJ’s website, and he started referring other media to the Beau Rivage.
Last year, the state Senate confirmed Brown as head of MDOT for another four-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones