Charges against MDOT’s Brown dropped
by Clay Chandler
Published: July 26,2010
Brown was arrested at 6 a.m. Friday at the Beau Rivage Casino and Resort after a security guard spotted him sleeping in front of a slot machine.
Beau Rivage spokeswoman told the Associated Press the casino considers the matter closed. Cracchiola-Spain has not returned messages from the Mississippi Business Journal since Friday.
Brown denied he had been arrested at all Friday afternoon when the MBJ reached him on his cell phone.
“I haven’t been involved in anything drunk or disorderly,” he said.
Brown changed his tune about an hour later, after his mugshot had appeared on the MBJ’s website, and he started referring other media to the Beau Rivage.
Last year, the state Senate confirmed Brown as head of MDOT for another four-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities