BancorpSouth donates land to Habitat for Humanity
Published: July 27,2010
TUPELO — Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis recently received a land donation of 29 acres from BancorpSouth for the Lake Las Cruces neighborhood in Raleigh.
Memphis Habitat purchased 44 developed lots in the area from BancorpSouth earlier this year with federal monies awarded through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, and BancorpSouth donated the adjoining undeveloped 29 acres for future Habitat projects. The agency is working to solidify its plans for the 29 acres and isn’t short on ideas.
Employees from BancorpSouth also participated as volunteers in the organization’s spring build, helping Memphis Habitat complete four homes.
“I was able to participate in the build portion for the first set of homes in Lake Las Cruces, and it was an awesome, humbling experience,” said Randy Henry, president of BancorpSouth’s Bartlett, Tenn., division.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant