BancorpSouth donates land to Habitat for Humanity
Published: July 27,2010
TUPELO — Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis recently received a land donation of 29 acres from BancorpSouth for the Lake Las Cruces neighborhood in Raleigh.
Memphis Habitat purchased 44 developed lots in the area from BancorpSouth earlier this year with federal monies awarded through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, and BancorpSouth donated the adjoining undeveloped 29 acres for future Habitat projects. The agency is working to solidify its plans for the 29 acres and isn’t short on ideas.
Employees from BancorpSouth also participated as volunteers in the organization’s spring build, helping Memphis Habitat complete four homes.
“I was able to participate in the build portion for the first set of homes in Lake Las Cruces, and it was an awesome, humbling experience,” said Randy Henry, president of BancorpSouth’s Bartlett, Tenn., division.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement