BancorpSouth donates land to Habitat for Humanity
Published: July 27,2010
TUPELO — Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis recently received a land donation of 29 acres from BancorpSouth for the Lake Las Cruces neighborhood in Raleigh.
Memphis Habitat purchased 44 developed lots in the area from BancorpSouth earlier this year with federal monies awarded through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, and BancorpSouth donated the adjoining undeveloped 29 acres for future Habitat projects. The agency is working to solidify its plans for the 29 acres and isn’t short on ideas.
Employees from BancorpSouth also participated as volunteers in the organization’s spring build, helping Memphis Habitat complete four homes.
“I was able to participate in the build portion for the first set of homes in Lake Las Cruces, and it was an awesome, humbling experience,” said Randy Henry, president of BancorpSouth’s Bartlett, Tenn., division.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'