BancorpSouth donates land to Habitat for Humanity
Published: July 27,2010
TUPELO — Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis recently received a land donation of 29 acres from BancorpSouth for the Lake Las Cruces neighborhood in Raleigh.
Memphis Habitat purchased 44 developed lots in the area from BancorpSouth earlier this year with federal monies awarded through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, and BancorpSouth donated the adjoining undeveloped 29 acres for future Habitat projects. The agency is working to solidify its plans for the 29 acres and isn’t short on ideas.
Employees from BancorpSouth also participated as volunteers in the organization’s spring build, helping Memphis Habitat complete four homes.
“I was able to participate in the build portion for the first set of homes in Lake Las Cruces, and it was an awesome, humbling experience,” said Randy Henry, president of BancorpSouth’s Bartlett, Tenn., division.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued