BancorpSouth donates land to Habitat for Humanity
by Wally Northway
Published: July 27,2010
TUPELO — Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis recently received a land donation of 29 acres from BancorpSouth for the Lake Las Cruces neighborhood in Raleigh.
Memphis Habitat purchased 44 developed lots in the area from BancorpSouth earlier this year with federal monies awarded through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program, and BancorpSouth donated the adjoining undeveloped 29 acres for future Habitat projects. The agency is working to solidify its plans for the 29 acres and isn’t short on ideas.
Employees from BancorpSouth also participated as volunteers in the organization’s spring build, helping Memphis Habitat complete four homes.
“I was able to participate in the build portion for the first set of homes in Lake Las Cruces, and it was an awesome, humbling experience,” said Randy Henry, president of BancorpSouth’s Bartlett, Tenn., division.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue