Geo Group signs prison contract extension
MERIDIAN — Private prison operator Geo Group Inc. has signed a contract to keep managing a Mississippi prison that is expected to generate about $21.7 million in annual revenue.
The Boca Raton, Fla., company said it will continue to manage the 1,500-bed East Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian through March 15, 2015. Geo Group has managed the prison since 1999.
Geo Group manages or owns 63 correctional and residential treatment facilities worldwide with a capacity of about 61,500 beds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015