Geo Group signs prison contract extension
MERIDIAN — Private prison operator Geo Group Inc. has signed a contract to keep managing a Mississippi prison that is expected to generate about $21.7 million in annual revenue.
The Boca Raton, Fla., company said it will continue to manage the 1,500-bed East Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian through March 15, 2015. Geo Group has managed the prison since 1999.
Geo Group manages or owns 63 correctional and residential treatment facilities worldwide with a capacity of about 61,500 beds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!