Geo Group signs prison contract extension
MERIDIAN — Private prison operator Geo Group Inc. has signed a contract to keep managing a Mississippi prison that is expected to generate about $21.7 million in annual revenue.
The Boca Raton, Fla., company said it will continue to manage the 1,500-bed East Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian through March 15, 2015. Geo Group has managed the prison since 1999.
Geo Group manages or owns 63 correctional and residential treatment facilities worldwide with a capacity of about 61,500 beds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office