Geo Group signs prison contract extension
MERIDIAN — Private prison operator Geo Group Inc. has signed a contract to keep managing a Mississippi prison that is expected to generate about $21.7 million in annual revenue.
The Boca Raton, Fla., company said it will continue to manage the 1,500-bed East Mississippi Correctional Facility in Meridian through March 15, 2015. Geo Group has managed the prison since 1999.
Geo Group manages or owns 63 correctional and residential treatment facilities worldwide with a capacity of about 61,500 beds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders