Topazi named COO of Southern Company
Published: July 27,2010
It’s one of several new executive appointments in a management transition plan at Southern Company.
Topazi will have responsibility for Southern Company Generation, Southern Power and Southern Company Transmission.
Edward Day VI will succeed Topazi as president and CEO of Mississippi Power, which provides retail electric service to about 200,000 customers in southeast Mississippi.
Southern Company CEO David M. Ratcliffe, who has run the Southern Company as chairman, president, and CEO since 2004, and has worked there since 1971, will retire Dec. 1.
The company said on Tuesday that Thomas A. Fanning will be the company’s new CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill