Topazi named COO of Southern Company
by Associated Press
Published: July 27,2010
It’s one of several new executive appointments in a management transition plan at Southern Company.
Topazi will have responsibility for Southern Company Generation, Southern Power and Southern Company Transmission.
Edward Day VI will succeed Topazi as president and CEO of Mississippi Power, which provides retail electric service to about 200,000 customers in southeast Mississippi.
Southern Company CEO David M. Ratcliffe, who has run the Southern Company as chairman, president, and CEO since 2004, and has worked there since 1971, will retire Dec. 1.
The company said on Tuesday that Thomas A. Fanning will be the company’s new CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium