Topazi named COO of Southern Company
Published: July 27,2010
It’s one of several new executive appointments in a management transition plan at Southern Company.
Topazi will have responsibility for Southern Company Generation, Southern Power and Southern Company Transmission.
Edward Day VI will succeed Topazi as president and CEO of Mississippi Power, which provides retail electric service to about 200,000 customers in southeast Mississippi.
Southern Company CEO David M. Ratcliffe, who has run the Southern Company as chairman, president, and CEO since 2004, and has worked there since 1971, will retire Dec. 1.
The company said on Tuesday that Thomas A. Fanning will be the company’s new CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma