Topazi named COO of Southern Company
Published: July 27,2010
It’s one of several new executive appointments in a management transition plan at Southern Company.
Topazi will have responsibility for Southern Company Generation, Southern Power and Southern Company Transmission.
Edward Day VI will succeed Topazi as president and CEO of Mississippi Power, which provides retail electric service to about 200,000 customers in southeast Mississippi.
Southern Company CEO David M. Ratcliffe, who has run the Southern Company as chairman, president, and CEO since 2004, and has worked there since 1971, will retire Dec. 1.
The company said on Tuesday that Thomas A. Fanning will be the company’s new CEO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015