PACCAR reports increased sales, income
BELLEVUE, Wash. — PACCAR earned $99.6 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2010, compared to $26.5 million, $0.07 per diluted share, earned in the second quarter last year.
Second quarter net sales and financial services revenues were $2.46 billion, compared to $1.85 billion reported in 2009.
Net sales and financial services revenues for the first six months of 2010 were $4.69 billion, compared to $3.83 billion last year. For the first six months of 2010, PACCAR reported net income of $167.9 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, compared to $52.8 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in 2009.
Mark C. Pigott, chairman and CEO of PACCAR, said, “Against a backdrop of global truck markets that are only gradually emerging from historically low levels, PACCAR’s results reflect the benefits of higher truck and parts sales and improving financial services profits worldwide. Our customers are benefiting from increased freight tonnage, which has resulted in higher fleet utilization rates, resulting in positive gains for our aftermarket parts sales.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist