PACCAR reports increased sales, income
BELLEVUE, Wash. — PACCAR earned $99.6 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2010, compared to $26.5 million, $0.07 per diluted share, earned in the second quarter last year.
Second quarter net sales and financial services revenues were $2.46 billion, compared to $1.85 billion reported in 2009.
Net sales and financial services revenues for the first six months of 2010 were $4.69 billion, compared to $3.83 billion last year. For the first six months of 2010, PACCAR reported net income of $167.9 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, compared to $52.8 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in 2009.
Mark C. Pigott, chairman and CEO of PACCAR, said, “Against a backdrop of global truck markets that are only gradually emerging from historically low levels, PACCAR’s results reflect the benefits of higher truck and parts sales and improving financial services profits worldwide. Our customers are benefiting from increased freight tonnage, which has resulted in higher fleet utilization rates, resulting in positive gains for our aftermarket parts sales.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center