PACCAR reports increased sales, income
by Wally Northway
Published: July 28,2010
BELLEVUE, Wash. — PACCAR earned $99.6 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2010, compared to $26.5 million, $0.07 per diluted share, earned in the second quarter last year.
Second quarter net sales and financial services revenues were $2.46 billion, compared to $1.85 billion reported in 2009.
Net sales and financial services revenues for the first six months of 2010 were $4.69 billion, compared to $3.83 billion last year. For the first six months of 2010, PACCAR reported net income of $167.9 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, compared to $52.8 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in 2009.
Mark C. Pigott, chairman and CEO of PACCAR, said, “Against a backdrop of global truck markets that are only gradually emerging from historically low levels, PACCAR’s results reflect the benefits of higher truck and parts sales and improving financial services profits worldwide. Our customers are benefiting from increased freight tonnage, which has resulted in higher fleet utilization rates, resulting in positive gains for our aftermarket parts sales.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium