PACCAR reports increased sales, income
by Wally Northway
Published: July 28,2010
BELLEVUE, Wash. — PACCAR earned $99.6 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2010, compared to $26.5 million, $0.07 per diluted share, earned in the second quarter last year.
Second quarter net sales and financial services revenues were $2.46 billion, compared to $1.85 billion reported in 2009.
Net sales and financial services revenues for the first six months of 2010 were $4.69 billion, compared to $3.83 billion last year. For the first six months of 2010, PACCAR reported net income of $167.9 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, compared to $52.8 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in 2009.
Mark C. Pigott, chairman and CEO of PACCAR, said, “Against a backdrop of global truck markets that are only gradually emerging from historically low levels, PACCAR’s results reflect the benefits of higher truck and parts sales and improving financial services profits worldwide. Our customers are benefiting from increased freight tonnage, which has resulted in higher fleet utilization rates, resulting in positive gains for our aftermarket parts sales.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip