Foreclosures down in Jackson, up on the Coast
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Fewer foreclosure notices are going out in Jackson — but more homeowners in Gulfport-Biloxi are getting into mortgage trouble.
RealtyTrac, which tracks foreclosures nationwide, reports 527 foreclosure notices in Jackson during the first half of 2010, affecting one in every 423 homes. That’s down 39 percent from the first half of 2009 and 67 percent from the last half of 2009.
Notices range from an initial default notice to a repossession and sale.
In Gulfport-Biloxi, RealtyTrac says 528 notices went out during the first six months of 2010, hitting one in every 201 homes. That’s up 152.6 percent from the first half of 2010 and 54.8 percent from the last half of the year.
Gulfport-Biloxi ranks 158th in the nation among metropolitan areas, while Jackson ranks 191st.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Foreclosures down in Jackson, up on the Coast”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics