Foreclosures down in Jackson, up on the Coast
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Fewer foreclosure notices are going out in Jackson — but more homeowners in Gulfport-Biloxi are getting into mortgage trouble.
RealtyTrac, which tracks foreclosures nationwide, reports 527 foreclosure notices in Jackson during the first half of 2010, affecting one in every 423 homes. That’s down 39 percent from the first half of 2009 and 67 percent from the last half of 2009.
Notices range from an initial default notice to a repossession and sale.
In Gulfport-Biloxi, RealtyTrac says 528 notices went out during the first six months of 2010, hitting one in every 201 homes. That’s up 152.6 percent from the first half of 2010 and 54.8 percent from the last half of the year.
Gulfport-Biloxi ranks 158th in the nation among metropolitan areas, while Jackson ranks 191st.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Foreclosures down in Jackson, up on the Coast”
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama