Foreclosures down in Jackson, up on the Coast
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Fewer foreclosure notices are going out in Jackson — but more homeowners in Gulfport-Biloxi are getting into mortgage trouble.
RealtyTrac, which tracks foreclosures nationwide, reports 527 foreclosure notices in Jackson during the first half of 2010, affecting one in every 423 homes. That’s down 39 percent from the first half of 2009 and 67 percent from the last half of 2009.
Notices range from an initial default notice to a repossession and sale.
In Gulfport-Biloxi, RealtyTrac says 528 notices went out during the first six months of 2010, hitting one in every 201 homes. That’s up 152.6 percent from the first half of 2010 and 54.8 percent from the last half of the year.
Gulfport-Biloxi ranks 158th in the nation among metropolitan areas, while Jackson ranks 191st.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Foreclosures down in Jackson, up on the Coast”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years