Foreclosures down in Jackson, up on the Coast
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Fewer foreclosure notices are going out in Jackson — but more homeowners in Gulfport-Biloxi are getting into mortgage trouble.
RealtyTrac, which tracks foreclosures nationwide, reports 527 foreclosure notices in Jackson during the first half of 2010, affecting one in every 423 homes. That’s down 39 percent from the first half of 2009 and 67 percent from the last half of 2009.
Notices range from an initial default notice to a repossession and sale.
In Gulfport-Biloxi, RealtyTrac says 528 notices went out during the first six months of 2010, hitting one in every 201 homes. That’s up 152.6 percent from the first half of 2010 and 54.8 percent from the last half of the year.
Gulfport-Biloxi ranks 158th in the nation among metropolitan areas, while Jackson ranks 191st.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Foreclosures down in Jackson, up on the Coast”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager