Hamilton Beach moving south out of Memphis
by Associated Press
Published: July 30,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Hamilton Beach Brands is moving its distribution facility from Memphis to Olive Branch.
The Commercial Appeal reports that Hamilton Beach will lease 1.2 million square feet from ProLogis, a global provider of distribution facilities.
Hamilton Beach designs, markets and distributes small electric household appliances, as well as commercial products for restaurants, bars and hotels.
The company will occupy the space at ProLogis’ Olive Branch Distribution Center.
Hamilton Beach spokeswoman Mary Beth Perreault says the lease term is ending at the Memphis facility. She says Hamilton Beach did not consider leaving the Memphis area.
Perreault says the center will have 125 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Nullification and interposition
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions