Hamilton Beach moving south out of Memphis
Published: July 30,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Hamilton Beach Brands is moving its distribution facility from Memphis to Olive Branch.
The Commercial Appeal reports that Hamilton Beach will lease 1.2 million square feet from ProLogis, a global provider of distribution facilities.
Hamilton Beach designs, markets and distributes small electric household appliances, as well as commercial products for restaurants, bars and hotels.
The company will occupy the space at ProLogis’ Olive Branch Distribution Center.
Hamilton Beach spokeswoman Mary Beth Perreault says the lease term is ending at the Memphis facility. She says Hamilton Beach did not consider leaving the Memphis area.
Perreault says the center will have 125 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015