Hamilton Beach moving south out of Memphis
by Associated Press
Published: July 30,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Hamilton Beach Brands is moving its distribution facility from Memphis to Olive Branch.
The Commercial Appeal reports that Hamilton Beach will lease 1.2 million square feet from ProLogis, a global provider of distribution facilities.
Hamilton Beach designs, markets and distributes small electric household appliances, as well as commercial products for restaurants, bars and hotels.
The company will occupy the space at ProLogis’ Olive Branch Distribution Center.
Hamilton Beach spokeswoman Mary Beth Perreault says the lease term is ending at the Memphis facility. She says Hamilton Beach did not consider leaving the Memphis area.
Perreault says the center will have 125 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones