Hamilton Beach moving south out of Memphis
Published: July 30,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Hamilton Beach Brands is moving its distribution facility from Memphis to Olive Branch.
The Commercial Appeal reports that Hamilton Beach will lease 1.2 million square feet from ProLogis, a global provider of distribution facilities.
Hamilton Beach designs, markets and distributes small electric household appliances, as well as commercial products for restaurants, bars and hotels.
The company will occupy the space at ProLogis’ Olive Branch Distribution Center.
Hamilton Beach spokeswoman Mary Beth Perreault says the lease term is ending at the Memphis facility. She says Hamilton Beach did not consider leaving the Memphis area.
Perreault says the center will have 125 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill