Hamilton Beach moving south out of Memphis
Published: July 30,2010
OLIVE BRANCH — Hamilton Beach Brands is moving its distribution facility from Memphis to Olive Branch.
The Commercial Appeal reports that Hamilton Beach will lease 1.2 million square feet from ProLogis, a global provider of distribution facilities.
Hamilton Beach designs, markets and distributes small electric household appliances, as well as commercial products for restaurants, bars and hotels.
The company will occupy the space at ProLogis’ Olive Branch Distribution Center.
Hamilton Beach spokeswoman Mary Beth Perreault says the lease term is ending at the Memphis facility. She says Hamilton Beach did not consider leaving the Memphis area.
Perreault says the center will have 125 employees.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity