Le Bonheur gets nod for new hospital
OLIVE BRANCH — The state Department of Health has approved Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s request to build a 100-bed hospital in Olive Branch.
The approval by state health officer Dr. Mary Currier and the state Board of Health was announced yesterday.
Memphis-based Methodist Le Bonheur plans a $137-million hospital in Olive Branch on 20 acres off U.S. Highway 78.
Memphis-based Baptist Memorial Healthcare, which operates Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto in Southaven, and Alliance Healthcare System Inc. of Holly Springs had opposed the Methodist request in the past but did not this time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years