Le Bonheur gets nod for new hospital
OLIVE BRANCH — The state Department of Health has approved Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s request to build a 100-bed hospital in Olive Branch.
The approval by state health officer Dr. Mary Currier and the state Board of Health was announced yesterday.
Memphis-based Methodist Le Bonheur plans a $137-million hospital in Olive Branch on 20 acres off U.S. Highway 78.
Memphis-based Baptist Memorial Healthcare, which operates Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto in Southaven, and Alliance Healthcare System Inc. of Holly Springs had opposed the Methodist request in the past but did not this time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau