Le Bonheur gets nod for new hospital
OLIVE BRANCH — The state Department of Health has approved Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare’s request to build a 100-bed hospital in Olive Branch.
The approval by state health officer Dr. Mary Currier and the state Board of Health was announced yesterday.
Memphis-based Methodist Le Bonheur plans a $137-million hospital in Olive Branch on 20 acres off U.S. Highway 78.
Memphis-based Baptist Memorial Healthcare, which operates Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto in Southaven, and Alliance Healthcare System Inc. of Holly Springs had opposed the Methodist request in the past but did not this time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life