Pols quiet about intentions at Neshoba County Fair
NESHOBA COUNTY — Gov. Haley Barbour says the entire Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians should get to vote on a proposed casino in Jones County.
His comments came during a speech at the Neshoba County Fair. The proposed casino was approved by a split vote of the tribal council.
Little else of any interest was said.
None of the politicians who spoke at the fair yesterday announced their plans for 2011.
Some observers were hoping for announcements, or at least strong hints about next year, from state Treasurer Tate Reeves and Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, who are Republicans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case