Aldridge, Hampel receive promotions
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2010
Two professional staff members within the Mississippi State University Foundation are receiving promotions to lead key fundraising areas at the institution. Alumnus Brett Aldridge has been named the new director of development for the College of Education, and Barbie Hampel will now direct the university’s annual giving program. Both began their duties July 1.
Aldridge will work with the dean’s office and seven departments of the academic unit that is a member of the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education. Most recently, Aldridge was assistant director of development for Mississippi State’s James Worth Bagley College of Engineering and previously held a similar position with the university’s Division of Student Affairs. Before joining MSU, Aldridge, a 2005 MSU communication/public relations graduate from Pensacola, Fla., was an account executive with BellSouth in Birmingham, Ala.
Aldridge assumes these duties from fellow MSU alumnus and Starkville resident Rob Jenkins, who will devote his time to development activities solely for the College of Arts and Sciences.
Hampel will be responsible for securing annual gifts for the university through direct marketing efforts. Since 2006, Hampel has served as coordinator of the MSU Foundation’s telefunding program. A Hatton, Ala., native, Hampel holds a bachelor of arts in psychology and a master’s degree in public policy and administration with an emphasis in human resources from Mississippi State.
As annual giving director, Hampel will continue to oversee the university’s Bulldog Calling Center that employs some 30 MSU students to make telephone solicitations of alumni and friends and also update database records for the institution’s alumni and friends.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi