Aldridge, Hampel receive promotions
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2010
Two professional staff members within the Mississippi State University Foundation are receiving promotions to lead key fundraising areas at the institution. Alumnus Brett Aldridge has been named the new director of development for the College of Education, and Barbie Hampel will now direct the university’s annual giving program. Both began their duties July 1.
Aldridge will work with the dean’s office and seven departments of the academic unit that is a member of the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education. Most recently, Aldridge was assistant director of development for Mississippi State’s James Worth Bagley College of Engineering and previously held a similar position with the university’s Division of Student Affairs. Before joining MSU, Aldridge, a 2005 MSU communication/public relations graduate from Pensacola, Fla., was an account executive with BellSouth in Birmingham, Ala.
Aldridge assumes these duties from fellow MSU alumnus and Starkville resident Rob Jenkins, who will devote his time to development activities solely for the College of Arts and Sciences.
Hampel will be responsible for securing annual gifts for the university through direct marketing efforts. Since 2006, Hampel has served as coordinator of the MSU Foundation’s telefunding program. A Hatton, Ala., native, Hampel holds a bachelor of arts in psychology and a master’s degree in public policy and administration with an emphasis in human resources from Mississippi State.
As annual giving director, Hampel will continue to oversee the university’s Bulldog Calling Center that employs some 30 MSU students to make telephone solicitations of alumni and friends and also update database records for the institution’s alumni and friends.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring