Aldridge, Hampel receive promotions
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2010
Two professional staff members within the Mississippi State University Foundation are receiving promotions to lead key fundraising areas at the institution. Alumnus Brett Aldridge has been named the new director of development for the College of Education, and Barbie Hampel will now direct the university’s annual giving program. Both began their duties July 1.
Aldridge will work with the dean’s office and seven departments of the academic unit that is a member of the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education. Most recently, Aldridge was assistant director of development for Mississippi State’s James Worth Bagley College of Engineering and previously held a similar position with the university’s Division of Student Affairs. Before joining MSU, Aldridge, a 2005 MSU communication/public relations graduate from Pensacola, Fla., was an account executive with BellSouth in Birmingham, Ala.
Aldridge assumes these duties from fellow MSU alumnus and Starkville resident Rob Jenkins, who will devote his time to development activities solely for the College of Arts and Sciences.
Hampel will be responsible for securing annual gifts for the university through direct marketing efforts. Since 2006, Hampel has served as coordinator of the MSU Foundation’s telefunding program. A Hatton, Ala., native, Hampel holds a bachelor of arts in psychology and a master’s degree in public policy and administration with an emphasis in human resources from Mississippi State.
As annual giving director, Hampel will continue to oversee the university’s Bulldog Calling Center that employs some 30 MSU students to make telephone solicitations of alumni and friends and also update database records for the institution’s alumni and friends.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip