ERDC researchers promoted to new level
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2010
Three researchers at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg were recently promoted to the DBV/GS-15 level, the second-highest level in the scientist and researcher classification of the lab demonstration project. Dr. Zeki Demirbilek, Dr. Kent Danielson and Dr. Stacy Howington were chosen to be a part of the DBV group.
Demirbilek is a research hydraulic engineer in the Harbor, Entrances and Structures Branch of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory’s (CHL’s) Navigation Division, a position he has held for the past 20 years. He has a bachelor’s in naval architecture and marine engineering from the Naval Academy in Istanbul, Turkey, and a bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate of science in mechanical engineering, naval architecture and operational research from the NATO Joint Advanced Studies Program at the Naval Post Graduate School, UC Berkley and Stanford University. He also has a doctorate in civil engineering from Texas A&M University.
Danielson is a research civil engineer in the Engineering Sciences and Materials Division Research Group of the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL). A North Platte, Neb., native, he has a bachelor’s in civil engineering from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and a master’s and doctorate in civil engineering/mechanics and materials from Texas A&M University. In addition to his work at ERDC, he serves as an adjunct professor of aerospace engineering at Mississippi State University.
Howington is a research hydraulic engineer in the Hydrologic Systems Branch of the Flood and Storm Protection Division of CHL. He has a both a bachelor’s and master’s in civil engineering from Mississippi State University and a doctorate in the same from the University of Colorado-Boulder. He is a registered professional engineer in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County