ERDC researchers promoted to new level
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2010
Three researchers at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg were recently promoted to the DBV/GS-15 level, the second-highest level in the scientist and researcher classification of the lab demonstration project. Dr. Zeki Demirbilek, Dr. Kent Danielson and Dr. Stacy Howington were chosen to be a part of the DBV group.
Demirbilek is a research hydraulic engineer in the Harbor, Entrances and Structures Branch of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory’s (CHL’s) Navigation Division, a position he has held for the past 20 years. He has a bachelor’s in naval architecture and marine engineering from the Naval Academy in Istanbul, Turkey, and a bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate of science in mechanical engineering, naval architecture and operational research from the NATO Joint Advanced Studies Program at the Naval Post Graduate School, UC Berkley and Stanford University. He also has a doctorate in civil engineering from Texas A&M University.
Danielson is a research civil engineer in the Engineering Sciences and Materials Division Research Group of the Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL). A North Platte, Neb., native, he has a bachelor’s in civil engineering from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and a master’s and doctorate in civil engineering/mechanics and materials from Texas A&M University. In addition to his work at ERDC, he serves as an adjunct professor of aerospace engineering at Mississippi State University.
Howington is a research hydraulic engineer in the Hydrologic Systems Branch of the Flood and Storm Protection Division of CHL. He has a both a bachelor’s and master’s in civil engineering from Mississippi State University and a doctorate in the same from the University of Colorado-Boulder. He is a registered professional engineer in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data