Yowell takes home regional award
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2010
Mississippi recently hosted the regional Southern Groups of State Foresters in Biloxi, and Mississippi’s Urban and Community Forestry successes were awarded by the Mississippi Forestry Commission at the Southern Group of State Forester’s conference. Donna Yowell of Madison, the executive director of the Mississippi Urban Forest Council, was presented the regional award at this event for her partnership and outstanding success in community and urban forestry.
Yowell has developed many new programs for the state. Her 30-plus years of experience includes multiple facets of conservation work, including work with FEMA, the National Association of State Floodplain Managers, Mississippi Soil and Water Conservation District, Mississippi Wildlife Federation, Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and Mississippi Department of Marine Resources as well as the City of Madison.
Abbey graduated from Harvard and has taught at LSU at the Reich School of Landscape Architecture since 1974.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Yowell takes home regional award”
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap