Yowell takes home regional award
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2010
Mississippi recently hosted the regional Southern Groups of State Foresters in Biloxi, and Mississippi’s Urban and Community Forestry successes were awarded by the Mississippi Forestry Commission at the Southern Group of State Forester’s conference. Donna Yowell of Madison, the executive director of the Mississippi Urban Forest Council, was presented the regional award at this event for her partnership and outstanding success in community and urban forestry.
Yowell has developed many new programs for the state. Her 30-plus years of experience includes multiple facets of conservation work, including work with FEMA, the National Association of State Floodplain Managers, Mississippi Soil and Water Conservation District, Mississippi Wildlife Federation, Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and Mississippi Department of Marine Resources as well as the City of Madison.
Abbey graduated from Harvard and has taught at LSU at the Reich School of Landscape Architecture since 1974.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Yowell takes home regional award”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete