Yowell takes home regional award
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 1,2010
Mississippi recently hosted the regional Southern Groups of State Foresters in Biloxi, and Mississippi’s Urban and Community Forestry successes were awarded by the Mississippi Forestry Commission at the Southern Group of State Forester’s conference. Donna Yowell of Madison, the executive director of the Mississippi Urban Forest Council, was presented the regional award at this event for her partnership and outstanding success in community and urban forestry.
Yowell has developed many new programs for the state. Her 30-plus years of experience includes multiple facets of conservation work, including work with FEMA, the National Association of State Floodplain Managers, Mississippi Soil and Water Conservation District, Mississippi Wildlife Federation, Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and Mississippi Department of Marine Resources as well as the City of Madison.
Abbey graduated from Harvard and has taught at LSU at the Reich School of Landscape Architecture since 1974.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Yowell takes home regional award”
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training