Ex-business manager gets five years for embezzlement
LAUREL — Stephanie Thornton, former business manager of the Laurel Leader-Call, has been sentenced to five years in prison for embezzling $36,000 from the newspaper.
District Attorney Tony Buckley tells the Leader-Call that Thornton also was sentenced to five year of post-release supervision and to pay restitution.
Prosecutors say Thornton was accused of embezzling the money between December 2007 and August 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge