Ex-business manager gets five years for embezzlement
LAUREL — Stephanie Thornton, former business manager of the Laurel Leader-Call, has been sentenced to five years in prison for embezzling $36,000 from the newspaper.
District Attorney Tony Buckley tells the Leader-Call that Thornton also was sentenced to five year of post-release supervision and to pay restitution.
Prosecutors say Thornton was accused of embezzling the money between December 2007 and August 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks