Ex-business manager gets five years for embezzlement
LAUREL — Stephanie Thornton, former business manager of the Laurel Leader-Call, has been sentenced to five years in prison for embezzling $36,000 from the newspaper.
District Attorney Tony Buckley tells the Leader-Call that Thornton also was sentenced to five year of post-release supervision and to pay restitution.
Prosecutors say Thornton was accused of embezzling the money between December 2007 and August 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building