Ex-business manager gets five years for embezzlement
LAUREL — Stephanie Thornton, former business manager of the Laurel Leader-Call, has been sentenced to five years in prison for embezzling $36,000 from the newspaper.
District Attorney Tony Buckley tells the Leader-Call that Thornton also was sentenced to five year of post-release supervision and to pay restitution.
Prosecutors say Thornton was accused of embezzling the money between December 2007 and August 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets