Soladigm bringing plant, jobs to Mississippi
OLIVE BRANCH — Gov. Haley Barbour and Dr. Rao Mulpuri, chief executive officer of Soladigm, a supplier of next-generation green building solutions, announced that the company is locating manufacturing operations in Olive Branch. The project represents a capital investment of more than $130 million by the company and will create more than 300 new jobs.
From its plant in Olive Branch, Soladigm will produce highly energy-efficient dynamic insulated glass units. With the use of its proprietary manufacturing process, Soladigm’s glass can change from clear to tinted on demand, allowing unprecedented control over the amount of light and heat that enters a building. The company’s dynamic glass offers substantial reduction in energy consumption, resulting in reduced energy and maintenance costs, while creating an improved user experience in buildings by controlling glare and heat without obstructing the view.
To help facilitate this project, the State of Mississippi provided a $40-million loan through the Mississippi Industry Incentive Financing Revolving Fund, in addition to $4 million in Momentum Mississippi incentives for project improvements at the company’s new facility.
Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., Soladigm was founded in 2007 and is currently operating a pilot production line at its Milpitas facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Soladigm bringing plant, jobs to Mississippi”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator