Soladigm bringing plant, jobs to Mississippi
OLIVE BRANCH — Gov. Haley Barbour and Dr. Rao Mulpuri, chief executive officer of Soladigm, a supplier of next-generation green building solutions, announced that the company is locating manufacturing operations in Olive Branch. The project represents a capital investment of more than $130 million by the company and will create more than 300 new jobs.
From its plant in Olive Branch, Soladigm will produce highly energy-efficient dynamic insulated glass units. With the use of its proprietary manufacturing process, Soladigm’s glass can change from clear to tinted on demand, allowing unprecedented control over the amount of light and heat that enters a building. The company’s dynamic glass offers substantial reduction in energy consumption, resulting in reduced energy and maintenance costs, while creating an improved user experience in buildings by controlling glare and heat without obstructing the view.
To help facilitate this project, the State of Mississippi provided a $40-million loan through the Mississippi Industry Incentive Financing Revolving Fund, in addition to $4 million in Momentum Mississippi incentives for project improvements at the company’s new facility.
Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., Soladigm was founded in 2007 and is currently operating a pilot production line at its Milpitas facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Soladigm bringing plant, jobs to Mississippi”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast