MEDC honors communities for development
Published: August 3,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc. (MEDC) recently honored winners of the Community Economic Development Award (CEDA) at the 2010 MEDC Summer Conference in Biloxi.
The CEDA honors communities throughout Mississippi for their efforts to advance their economic viability through economic and community development programs during the 2009 calendar year.
In category I with a population less than 5,000, the City of Ellisville, represented by Mayor Tim Waldrup, was honored for The PRIDE Program: Progress, Reinvigorated in Determined Ellisville. It was nominated by Mitch Stennett, president, Economic Development Authority of Jones County.
The Grenada Economic Development District, represented by Pablo Diaz, executive director, won in category II, population 5,001 – 15,000, for the development and implementation of their economic development district strategic plan. This project was nominated by John Wesley, economic development project manager, Entergy Mississippi.
The City of Clinton, represented by T. J. McSparrin, executive director, Clinton Chamber of Commerce, won for the Clinton Streetscape project in category III, population 15,001 to 40,000. James Powell, director of economic development for the City of Clinton nominated this project.
In category IV, with a population of 40,001 to 100,000, the City of Tupelo and Lee County won for its new Manufacturing Solutions Center, represented by Dr. David Cole, president of the center. David Rumbarger, president and CEO of the Community Development Foundation, nominated the center.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines