The First sees quarterly net income soar
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. reported earnings for the quarter ended June 30. The First Bancshares, Inc. also announced a quarterly dividend of $.025 per common share. The record date will be Aug. 13, with a payable date of Aug. 27.
Net income available to common stockholders for the three months amounted to $572,000, or $.19 per diluted share, compared to $104,000, or $.03 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2009, an increase of $468,000, or 450 percent.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO, said, “Our bank continues to show improving performance in a very difficult economic environment. A significant increase in our net income during the second quarter is the result of strategic business development resulting in loan and deposit growth during the first six months of 2010, continued emphasis on expense control and a managed effort to increase our net interest margin. Although the general economic climate is still challenging, our bank is well positioned to take advantage of the opportunities that are available for continued growth.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option