The First sees quarterly net income soar
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. reported earnings for the quarter ended June 30. The First Bancshares, Inc. also announced a quarterly dividend of $.025 per common share. The record date will be Aug. 13, with a payable date of Aug. 27.
Net income available to common stockholders for the three months amounted to $572,000, or $.19 per diluted share, compared to $104,000, or $.03 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2009, an increase of $468,000, or 450 percent.
M. Ray “Hoppy” Cole, president and CEO, said, “Our bank continues to show improving performance in a very difficult economic environment. A significant increase in our net income during the second quarter is the result of strategic business development resulting in loan and deposit growth during the first six months of 2010, continued emphasis on expense control and a managed effort to increase our net interest margin. Although the general economic climate is still challenging, our bank is well positioned to take advantage of the opportunities that are available for continued growth.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss