Pipe-maker laying off 300 workers
HANCOCK COUNTY — PSL North America has laid off about 300 workers at its Hancock County pipe manufacturing operation.
PSL CEO Brian Vail tells the Sea Coast Echo that the layoffs had more to do with the company’s current job ending than with any problems in the industry.
PSL North America is located at the Port Bienville Industrial Park.
Vail says PSL began a large project in Jan. 2009 and that project is in its final stages. He says there is no pending work although the company is looking for business.
PSL came to Hancock County in 2007 after Hurricane Katrina. It manufactures, coats, and internally lines large diameter grade pipes.
Vail says the company hopes to bring back the employees when new contracts are secured.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status