Pipe-maker laying off 300 workers
HANCOCK COUNTY — PSL North America has laid off about 300 workers at its Hancock County pipe manufacturing operation.
PSL CEO Brian Vail tells the Sea Coast Echo that the layoffs had more to do with the company’s current job ending than with any problems in the industry.
PSL North America is located at the Port Bienville Industrial Park.
Vail says PSL began a large project in Jan. 2009 and that project is in its final stages. He says there is no pending work although the company is looking for business.
PSL came to Hancock County in 2007 after Hurricane Katrina. It manufactures, coats, and internally lines large diameter grade pipes.
Vail says the company hopes to bring back the employees when new contracts are secured.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement