Pipe-maker laying off 300 workers
HANCOCK COUNTY — PSL North America has laid off about 300 workers at its Hancock County pipe manufacturing operation.
PSL CEO Brian Vail tells the Sea Coast Echo that the layoffs had more to do with the company’s current job ending than with any problems in the industry.
PSL North America is located at the Port Bienville Industrial Park.
Vail says PSL began a large project in Jan. 2009 and that project is in its final stages. He says there is no pending work although the company is looking for business.
PSL came to Hancock County in 2007 after Hurricane Katrina. It manufactures, coats, and internally lines large diameter grade pipes.
Vail says the company hopes to bring back the employees when new contracts are secured.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow