Pipe-maker laying off 300 workers
HANCOCK COUNTY — PSL North America has laid off about 300 workers at its Hancock County pipe manufacturing operation.
PSL CEO Brian Vail tells the Sea Coast Echo that the layoffs had more to do with the company’s current job ending than with any problems in the industry.
PSL North America is located at the Port Bienville Industrial Park.
Vail says PSL began a large project in Jan. 2009 and that project is in its final stages. He says there is no pending work although the company is looking for business.
PSL came to Hancock County in 2007 after Hurricane Katrina. It manufactures, coats, and internally lines large diameter grade pipes.
Vail says the company hopes to bring back the employees when new contracts are secured.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location