Pipe-maker laying off 300 workers
HANCOCK COUNTY — PSL North America has laid off about 300 workers at its Hancock County pipe manufacturing operation.
PSL CEO Brian Vail tells the Sea Coast Echo that the layoffs had more to do with the company’s current job ending than with any problems in the industry.
PSL North America is located at the Port Bienville Industrial Park.
Vail says PSL began a large project in Jan. 2009 and that project is in its final stages. He says there is no pending work although the company is looking for business.
PSL came to Hancock County in 2007 after Hurricane Katrina. It manufactures, coats, and internally lines large diameter grade pipes.
Vail says the company hopes to bring back the employees when new contracts are secured.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey