Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive
Published: August 5,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour says the federal healthcare overhaul will clobber small businesses with expensive mandates.
The Republican spoke to hundreds of people yesterday during a meeting sponsored by the Mississippi Economic Council and other business groups.
Several weeks ago, Barbour joined a Florida lawsuit that seeks to block the health law that President Barack Obama signed in March.
The law is being phased in over several years.
Yesterday’s meeting in Jackson was designed to answer business people’s questions about how they’ll be affected, but Barbour says it’s too early to know all the ramifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi