Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive
Published: August 5,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour says the federal healthcare overhaul will clobber small businesses with expensive mandates.
The Republican spoke to hundreds of people yesterday during a meeting sponsored by the Mississippi Economic Council and other business groups.
Several weeks ago, Barbour joined a Florida lawsuit that seeks to block the health law that President Barack Obama signed in March.
The law is being phased in over several years.
Yesterday’s meeting in Jackson was designed to answer business people’s questions about how they’ll be affected, but Barbour says it’s too early to know all the ramifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste