Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive
Published: August 5,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour says the federal healthcare overhaul will clobber small businesses with expensive mandates.
The Republican spoke to hundreds of people yesterday during a meeting sponsored by the Mississippi Economic Council and other business groups.
Several weeks ago, Barbour joined a Florida lawsuit that seeks to block the health law that President Barack Obama signed in March.
The law is being phased in over several years.
Yesterday’s meeting in Jackson was designed to answer business people’s questions about how they’ll be affected, but Barbour says it’s too early to know all the ramifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation