Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive
by Associated Press
Published: August 5,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour says the federal healthcare overhaul will clobber small businesses with expensive mandates.
The Republican spoke to hundreds of people yesterday during a meeting sponsored by the Mississippi Economic Council and other business groups.
Several weeks ago, Barbour joined a Florida lawsuit that seeks to block the health law that President Barack Obama signed in March.
The law is being phased in over several years.
Yesterday’s meeting in Jackson was designed to answer business people’s questions about how they’ll be affected, but Barbour says it’s too early to know all the ramifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive”
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout