Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive
Published: August 5,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour says the federal healthcare overhaul will clobber small businesses with expensive mandates.
The Republican spoke to hundreds of people yesterday during a meeting sponsored by the Mississippi Economic Council and other business groups.
Several weeks ago, Barbour joined a Florida lawsuit that seeks to block the health law that President Barack Obama signed in March.
The law is being phased in over several years.
Yesterday’s meeting in Jackson was designed to answer business people’s questions about how they’ll be affected, but Barbour says it’s too early to know all the ramifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal