Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive
Published: August 5,2010
JACKSON — Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour says the federal healthcare overhaul will clobber small businesses with expensive mandates.
The Republican spoke to hundreds of people yesterday during a meeting sponsored by the Mississippi Economic Council and other business groups.
Several weeks ago, Barbour joined a Florida lawsuit that seeks to block the health law that President Barack Obama signed in March.
The law is being phased in over several years.
Yesterday’s meeting in Jackson was designed to answer business people’s questions about how they’ll be affected, but Barbour says it’s too early to know all the ramifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Barbour: Healthcare overhaul too expensive”
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC