Health Department awards certificates of need
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi State Department of Health has issued certificates of need (CONs) for the following projects:
• Methodist Healthcare – Olive Branch Hospital has received CON authority for the construction and establishment of a new 100-bed acute care hospital that will include a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) unit, two therapeutic cardiac catheterization labs, an open-heart surgery room as well as adult and pediatric emergency services. The proposed facility will be located on 20 acres in the southeast quadrant of U.S. 78 and Bethel Road (Hacks Cross Road). The capital expenditure is $137.08 million.
The CON authority was awarded with the following conditions:
• Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi Inc., d/b/a Fresenius Medical Care, in Dekalb — Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi has received a CON for the establishment and construction of a six-station ESRD facility with room for eventual expansion to 12 stations. The capital expenditureis $775,000.
• Alliance Health Partners, LLC, d/b/a Tri-Lakes Medical Center, in Batesville — Alliance Health Partners has received CON authority for the relocation and addition of 10 adult acute psychiatric beds, bringing the total capacity from 15 to 25 beds. The additional 10 beds are already licensed. The capital expenditure is $10,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image