Mississippi Power sees highest-ever demand
GULFPORT — Mississippi Power Co. has set a company record for summer power demand.
Officials say the new mark was set Aug. 2, when the electricity demand was for 2,708,000 kilowatts of electricity. That surpassed the previous record of 2,593,000 kilowatts set on Aug. 29, 2000.
Company spokesman Verdell Hawkins says the utility typically experiences its greatest demand during summer months. He says there have been no unexpected interruptions attributed to the hot weather.
Gulfport-based Mississippi Power provides retail and wholesale electric service to about 200,000 customers in 23 counties from the Gulf Coast to Meridian.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen