Mississippi Power sees highest-ever demand
GULFPORT — Mississippi Power Co. has set a company record for summer power demand.
Officials say the new mark was set Aug. 2, when the electricity demand was for 2,708,000 kilowatts of electricity. That surpassed the previous record of 2,593,000 kilowatts set on Aug. 29, 2000.
Company spokesman Verdell Hawkins says the utility typically experiences its greatest demand during summer months. He says there have been no unexpected interruptions attributed to the hot weather.
Gulfport-based Mississippi Power provides retail and wholesale electric service to about 200,000 customers in 23 counties from the Gulf Coast to Meridian.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal