BP reports oil spill claims top $300M
Published: August 6,2010
GULF OF MEXICO — BP PLC says it has paid $303 million in claims to more than 40,000 businesses and individuals affected by the Gulf oil spill.
The company’s update Thursday also says $112 million of that money has been paid in the past three weeks.
BP says it will continue making payments until Kenneth Feinberg, the Obama administration’s pay czar, takes over processing claims from a $20 billion oil spill compensation fund later this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BP reports oil spill claims top $300M”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters