BP reports oil spill claims top $300M
by Associated Press
Published: August 6,2010
GULF OF MEXICO — BP PLC says it has paid $303 million in claims to more than 40,000 businesses and individuals affected by the Gulf oil spill.
The company’s update Thursday also says $112 million of that money has been paid in the past three weeks.
BP says it will continue making payments until Kenneth Feinberg, the Obama administration’s pay czar, takes over processing claims from a $20 billion oil spill compensation fund later this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BP reports oil spill claims top $300M”
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium