BP reports oil spill claims top $300M
Published: August 6,2010
GULF OF MEXICO — BP PLC says it has paid $303 million in claims to more than 40,000 businesses and individuals affected by the Gulf oil spill.
The company’s update Thursday also says $112 million of that money has been paid in the past three weeks.
BP says it will continue making payments until Kenneth Feinberg, the Obama administration’s pay czar, takes over processing claims from a $20 billion oil spill compensation fund later this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BP reports oil spill claims top $300M”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment