BP reports oil spill claims top $300M
Published: August 6,2010
GULF OF MEXICO — BP PLC says it has paid $303 million in claims to more than 40,000 businesses and individuals affected by the Gulf oil spill.
The company’s update Thursday also says $112 million of that money has been paid in the past three weeks.
BP says it will continue making payments until Kenneth Feinberg, the Obama administration’s pay czar, takes over processing claims from a $20 billion oil spill compensation fund later this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BP reports oil spill claims top $300M”
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison