BP reports oil spill claims top $300M
Published: August 6,2010
GULF OF MEXICO — BP PLC says it has paid $303 million in claims to more than 40,000 businesses and individuals affected by the Gulf oil spill.
The company’s update Thursday also says $112 million of that money has been paid in the past three weeks.
BP says it will continue making payments until Kenneth Feinberg, the Obama administration’s pay czar, takes over processing claims from a $20 billion oil spill compensation fund later this month.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “BP reports oil spill claims top $300M”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office