MDA awards stimulus-funded energy grants
Published: August 6,2010
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) has awarded 90 grants to public entities under the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) program.
Funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), the EECBG program funds energy efficiency improvements to smaller cities and counties that did not receive direct allocations from the federal government.
Under the EECBG program, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) made grants directly to Mississippi’s 10 largest counties, 10 largest cities and the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians. DOE allocated approximately $6.9 million in EECBG funds to MDA to provide all other municipal and county governments the opportunity to apply for grant funds. As a result of these grants, cities and counties will be able to upgrade lighting, replace heating and cooling systems, install other energy saving measures and provide work for local contractors around the state.
To view a full list of grant recipients or for more information about this or other energy–related stimulus programs, visit stimulus.mississippi.org.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MDA awards stimulus-funded energy grants”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62