Country tortoise leads the condescending hares
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is a rarity into today’s political world of media breathlessness and partisan blindness. He’s the countrified tortoise leading a pack of condescending hares.
Barbour has been the adult in the crowd from Day One of the Gulf oil spill. All along he’s called for restraint in both media words and government deeds. While many elected officials and most media were predicting an environmental apocalypse from the Deepwater Horizon accident, Barbour early-on took a political risk by expressing open skepticism that significant amounts of oil would ever reach the Gulf Coast.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location