Haque retiring from USM after 26 years
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
After 26 years of service to the University of Southern Mississippi, Dr. Mazharul Haque is retiring from his post as professor in the School of Mass Communication and Journalism.
Haque has served Southern Miss since 1984 teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in media theory, research, law, ethics, international communication and various other areas.
Haque is a prolific scholar who has lectured at conferences across the United States and at universities around the world.
Haque earned master’s and doctoral degrees from Ohio University and bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Dacca in Bangladesh. Before his academic career, he served for seven years as an information officer for the governments of Pakistan and Bangladesh.
From 1990 to 1995, he served as director of graduate studies in the Southern Miss School of Communication.
An accomplished writer, Haque has published dozens of journal articles, book chapters and monographs. He is the author of “What is News in India? A Content Analysis of Elite Dailies” and co-author of “Representations of the Cultural Revolution in the Films of the Fifth Generation Filmmakers of China.”
Following his departure from Southern Miss, Haque will take a professorship at the Gulf University for Science and Technology in Kuwait.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders