Haque retiring from USM after 26 years
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
After 26 years of service to the University of Southern Mississippi, Dr. Mazharul Haque is retiring from his post as professor in the School of Mass Communication and Journalism.
Haque has served Southern Miss since 1984 teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in media theory, research, law, ethics, international communication and various other areas.
Haque is a prolific scholar who has lectured at conferences across the United States and at universities around the world.
Haque earned master’s and doctoral degrees from Ohio University and bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Dacca in Bangladesh. Before his academic career, he served for seven years as an information officer for the governments of Pakistan and Bangladesh.
From 1990 to 1995, he served as director of graduate studies in the Southern Miss School of Communication.
An accomplished writer, Haque has published dozens of journal articles, book chapters and monographs. He is the author of “What is News in India? A Content Analysis of Elite Dailies” and co-author of “Representations of the Cultural Revolution in the Films of the Fifth Generation Filmmakers of China.”
Following his departure from Southern Miss, Haque will take a professorship at the Gulf University for Science and Technology in Kuwait.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics