Haque retiring from USM after 26 years
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
After 26 years of service to the University of Southern Mississippi, Dr. Mazharul Haque is retiring from his post as professor in the School of Mass Communication and Journalism.
Haque has served Southern Miss since 1984 teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in media theory, research, law, ethics, international communication and various other areas.
Haque is a prolific scholar who has lectured at conferences across the United States and at universities around the world.
Haque earned master’s and doctoral degrees from Ohio University and bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Dacca in Bangladesh. Before his academic career, he served for seven years as an information officer for the governments of Pakistan and Bangladesh.
From 1990 to 1995, he served as director of graduate studies in the Southern Miss School of Communication.
An accomplished writer, Haque has published dozens of journal articles, book chapters and monographs. He is the author of “What is News in India? A Content Analysis of Elite Dailies” and co-author of “Representations of the Cultural Revolution in the Films of the Fifth Generation Filmmakers of China.”
Following his departure from Southern Miss, Haque will take a professorship at the Gulf University for Science and Technology in Kuwait.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Meridian DJ group brings dubstep, EDM to Queen City
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’