Judges recognized by Mississippi Bar
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Chancellors Margaret Alfonso of Gulfport and Edward E. Patten Jr. of Hazlehurst were recently honored with the Mississippi Bar’s Judicial Excellence Award. Judge Alfonso is senior chancery judge of the Eighth Chancery District, having served since 1999. The district includes Harrison, Hancock and Stone counties.
Patten has served as chancellor of the Fifteenth Chancery District of Copiah and Lincoln counties since 1999.
The Mississippi Bar’s Board of Commissioners established the Judicial Excellence Award in 2000 to recognize judges who exceed the call of their judicial office.
This is the second time this year that the Bar has honored Judge Alfonso for her work. She was inducted as a Fellow of the Mississippi Bar, the highest honor given by the Bar Foundation, April 15.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth