Judges recognized by Mississippi Bar
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Chancellors Margaret Alfonso of Gulfport and Edward E. Patten Jr. of Hazlehurst were recently honored with the Mississippi Bar’s Judicial Excellence Award. Judge Alfonso is senior chancery judge of the Eighth Chancery District, having served since 1999. The district includes Harrison, Hancock and Stone counties.
Patten has served as chancellor of the Fifteenth Chancery District of Copiah and Lincoln counties since 1999.
The Mississippi Bar’s Board of Commissioners established the Judicial Excellence Award in 2000 to recognize judges who exceed the call of their judicial office.
This is the second time this year that the Bar has honored Judge Alfonso for her work. She was inducted as a Fellow of the Mississippi Bar, the highest honor given by the Bar Foundation, April 15.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”