Tillotson to tout education at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Rick Tillotson, a former elementary school principal in the Vicksburg Warren School District, has been named as the education outreach coordinator for the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg.
Tillotson is trying to establish a working relationship between the facility and local schools, teachers and classrooms to generate a greater interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers.
Tillotson has a bachelor’s in elementary education from Delta State University and a master’s in education from Mississippi College. He has worked in the education field for nearly 30 years, 26 of them with the Vicksburg Warren School District, and has served as principal of Raleigh Elementary in Raleigh and Jett, Bowmar Avenue, and Sherman Avenue Elementary Schools, all in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center