Tillotson to tout education at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Rick Tillotson, a former elementary school principal in the Vicksburg Warren School District, has been named as the education outreach coordinator for the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg.
Tillotson is trying to establish a working relationship between the facility and local schools, teachers and classrooms to generate a greater interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers.
Tillotson has a bachelor’s in elementary education from Delta State University and a master’s in education from Mississippi College. He has worked in the education field for nearly 30 years, 26 of them with the Vicksburg Warren School District, and has served as principal of Raleigh Elementary in Raleigh and Jett, Bowmar Avenue, and Sherman Avenue Elementary Schools, all in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities