Tillotson to tout education at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Rick Tillotson, a former elementary school principal in the Vicksburg Warren School District, has been named as the education outreach coordinator for the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg.
Tillotson is trying to establish a working relationship between the facility and local schools, teachers and classrooms to generate a greater interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers.
Tillotson has a bachelor’s in elementary education from Delta State University and a master’s in education from Mississippi College. He has worked in the education field for nearly 30 years, 26 of them with the Vicksburg Warren School District, and has served as principal of Raleigh Elementary in Raleigh and Jett, Bowmar Avenue, and Sherman Avenue Elementary Schools, all in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years