Tillotson to tout education at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Rick Tillotson, a former elementary school principal in the Vicksburg Warren School District, has been named as the education outreach coordinator for the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg.
Tillotson is trying to establish a working relationship between the facility and local schools, teachers and classrooms to generate a greater interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers.
Tillotson has a bachelor’s in elementary education from Delta State University and a master’s in education from Mississippi College. He has worked in the education field for nearly 30 years, 26 of them with the Vicksburg Warren School District, and has served as principal of Raleigh Elementary in Raleigh and Jett, Bowmar Avenue, and Sherman Avenue Elementary Schools, all in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi