Tillotson to tout education at ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Rick Tillotson, a former elementary school principal in the Vicksburg Warren School District, has been named as the education outreach coordinator for the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg.
Tillotson is trying to establish a working relationship between the facility and local schools, teachers and classrooms to generate a greater interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers.
Tillotson has a bachelor’s in elementary education from Delta State University and a master’s in education from Mississippi College. He has worked in the education field for nearly 30 years, 26 of them with the Vicksburg Warren School District, and has served as principal of Raleigh Elementary in Raleigh and Jett, Bowmar Avenue, and Sherman Avenue Elementary Schools, all in Vicksburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line