West named to Phi Theta Kappa committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Dr. Patricia Scott West, language arts instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, has been appointed to Phi Theta Kappa’s Honors Program Committee. She will serve a four-year term on the committee, effective Aug. 2010, along with three other faculty members from universities and colleges from around the U.S.
West, director of the Honors College at the Jefferson Davis Campus, will serve as the leadership development representative on the committee.
She earned a bachelor of arts degree in journalism, a master of science degree in communication and a doctorate in mass communication from the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Corps allots more funding to projects in Mississippi
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation