West named to Phi Theta Kappa committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Dr. Patricia Scott West, language arts instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, has been appointed to Phi Theta Kappa’s Honors Program Committee. She will serve a four-year term on the committee, effective Aug. 2010, along with three other faculty members from universities and colleges from around the U.S.
West, director of the Honors College at the Jefferson Davis Campus, will serve as the leadership development representative on the committee.
She earned a bachelor of arts degree in journalism, a master of science degree in communication and a doctorate in mass communication from the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn