West named to Phi Theta Kappa committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 8,2010
Dr. Patricia Scott West, language arts instructor at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, has been appointed to Phi Theta Kappa’s Honors Program Committee. She will serve a four-year term on the committee, effective Aug. 2010, along with three other faculty members from universities and colleges from around the U.S.
West, director of the Honors College at the Jefferson Davis Campus, will serve as the leadership development representative on the committee.
She earned a bachelor of arts degree in journalism, a master of science degree in communication and a doctorate in mass communication from the University of Southern Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up