CKS sells wood pellet assets to Enviva
by Wally Northway
Published: August 9,2010
AMORY — CKS Energy Inc. has sold the assets of its wood pellet manufacturing business to Enviva Pellets, LLC, of Richmond Va. Terms were not disclosed.
The business currently employs 15 and has a manufacturing capacity of 100,000 tons per year. The company will be known as Enviva Pellets – Amory, LLC.
The company manufactures wood pellets from biomass and wood waste as a renewable energy product selling most of their manufactured goods to the European market.
“We are extremely pleased that Enviva will be taking over the reins of the business and has the financial capabilities to bring the company to its next level,” said Janet Callahan, president and principal of CKS.
Corey Glenn will continue to serve as operations manager of Enviva, and day-to-day plant management will be headed up by John Burns. The company has retained the existing employees in this business transaction.
Enviva plans to optimize the business operations and anticipates adding personnel to its current manufacturing staff.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects