CKS sells wood pellet assets to Enviva
Published: August 9,2010
AMORY — CKS Energy Inc. has sold the assets of its wood pellet manufacturing business to Enviva Pellets, LLC, of Richmond Va. Terms were not disclosed.
The business currently employs 15 and has a manufacturing capacity of 100,000 tons per year. The company will be known as Enviva Pellets – Amory, LLC.
The company manufactures wood pellets from biomass and wood waste as a renewable energy product selling most of their manufactured goods to the European market.
“We are extremely pleased that Enviva will be taking over the reins of the business and has the financial capabilities to bring the company to its next level,” said Janet Callahan, president and principal of CKS.
Corey Glenn will continue to serve as operations manager of Enviva, and day-to-day plant management will be headed up by John Burns. The company has retained the existing employees in this business transaction.
Enviva plans to optimize the business operations and anticipates adding personnel to its current manufacturing staff.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015