CKS sells wood pellet assets to Enviva
Published: August 9,2010
AMORY — CKS Energy Inc. has sold the assets of its wood pellet manufacturing business to Enviva Pellets, LLC, of Richmond Va. Terms were not disclosed.
The business currently employs 15 and has a manufacturing capacity of 100,000 tons per year. The company will be known as Enviva Pellets – Amory, LLC.
The company manufactures wood pellets from biomass and wood waste as a renewable energy product selling most of their manufactured goods to the European market.
“We are extremely pleased that Enviva will be taking over the reins of the business and has the financial capabilities to bring the company to its next level,” said Janet Callahan, president and principal of CKS.
Corey Glenn will continue to serve as operations manager of Enviva, and day-to-day plant management will be headed up by John Burns. The company has retained the existing employees in this business transaction.
Enviva plans to optimize the business operations and anticipates adding personnel to its current manufacturing staff.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues