CKS sells wood pellet assets to Enviva
Published: August 9,2010
AMORY — CKS Energy Inc. has sold the assets of its wood pellet manufacturing business to Enviva Pellets, LLC, of Richmond Va. Terms were not disclosed.
The business currently employs 15 and has a manufacturing capacity of 100,000 tons per year. The company will be known as Enviva Pellets – Amory, LLC.
The company manufactures wood pellets from biomass and wood waste as a renewable energy product selling most of their manufactured goods to the European market.
“We are extremely pleased that Enviva will be taking over the reins of the business and has the financial capabilities to bring the company to its next level,” said Janet Callahan, president and principal of CKS.
Corey Glenn will continue to serve as operations manager of Enviva, and day-to-day plant management will be headed up by John Burns. The company has retained the existing employees in this business transaction.
Enviva plans to optimize the business operations and anticipates adding personnel to its current manufacturing staff.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss