CKS sells wood pellet assets to Enviva
Published: August 9,2010
AMORY — CKS Energy Inc. has sold the assets of its wood pellet manufacturing business to Enviva Pellets, LLC, of Richmond Va. Terms were not disclosed.
The business currently employs 15 and has a manufacturing capacity of 100,000 tons per year. The company will be known as Enviva Pellets – Amory, LLC.
The company manufactures wood pellets from biomass and wood waste as a renewable energy product selling most of their manufactured goods to the European market.
“We are extremely pleased that Enviva will be taking over the reins of the business and has the financial capabilities to bring the company to its next level,” said Janet Callahan, president and principal of CKS.
Corey Glenn will continue to serve as operations manager of Enviva, and day-to-day plant management will be headed up by John Burns. The company has retained the existing employees in this business transaction.
Enviva plans to optimize the business operations and anticipates adding personnel to its current manufacturing staff.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release