USDA awards stimulus-backed loan guarantees
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is providing loan guarantees to 128 businesses in 35 states, the territory of American Samoa, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico to provide economic opportunities and create jobs. The funding is made available through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Recovery Act).
USDA Rural Development’s Business and Industry Guaranteed Loan Program received $1.57 billion to help rural businesses stimulate their economies and support their communities. Eligible applicants include private businesses, cooperative organizations, corporations, partnerships, non-profit groups, Federally recognized Indian tribes, public bodies and individuals. The funds are targeted to create and retain quality jobs and serve difficult-to-reach populations and areas hardest hit by the current economic downturn.
Mississippi entities receiving guarantees are:
• Pizza Hattiesburg, LLC; Priority One Bank: $5,000,000 loan
• RBR Enterprise, LLC; Brighton Bank: $2,500,000 loan
• Shag of Mississippi Inc.; Magnolia State Bank: $725,000 loan
• Shag of Mississippi Inc.; Magnolia State Bank: $750,000 loan
• Shag of Mississippi Inc.; Magnolia State Bank: $705,000 loan
• Southern Components Inc.; Ridgestone Bank: $5,200,000 loan
• Ways Inc; The Union Bank: $7,450,000 loan
• Rives & Reynolds Lumber Co. Inc; Trustmark National Bank: $5,000,000 loan
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House