City Council approves airport grant
GREENWOOD — The Greenwood City Council has approved accepting a $444,000 FAA grant for improving drainage at Greenwood-Leflore Airport.
Bardin Redditt, manager of the airport, tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that 95 percent of the funding for the project will come from the FAA. An additional 2.5 percent will come from the state Department of Transportation and 2.5 percent will come from a local match.
Redditt says another Airport Improvement Grant, will help make further improvements to the taxiway.
He said groundbreaking on the new all-weather tower is scheduled for the middle of next month.
The tower is scheduled to be completed by May 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics