City Council approves airport grant
GREENWOOD — The Greenwood City Council has approved accepting a $444,000 FAA grant for improving drainage at Greenwood-Leflore Airport.
Bardin Redditt, manager of the airport, tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that 95 percent of the funding for the project will come from the FAA. An additional 2.5 percent will come from the state Department of Transportation and 2.5 percent will come from a local match.
Redditt says another Airport Improvement Grant, will help make further improvements to the taxiway.
He said groundbreaking on the new all-weather tower is scheduled for the middle of next month.
The tower is scheduled to be completed by May 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money