City Council approves airport grant
GREENWOOD — The Greenwood City Council has approved accepting a $444,000 FAA grant for improving drainage at Greenwood-Leflore Airport.
Bardin Redditt, manager of the airport, tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that 95 percent of the funding for the project will come from the FAA. An additional 2.5 percent will come from the state Department of Transportation and 2.5 percent will come from a local match.
Redditt says another Airport Improvement Grant, will help make further improvements to the taxiway.
He said groundbreaking on the new all-weather tower is scheduled for the middle of next month.
The tower is scheduled to be completed by May 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county