City Council approves airport grant
GREENWOOD — The Greenwood City Council has approved accepting a $444,000 FAA grant for improving drainage at Greenwood-Leflore Airport.
Bardin Redditt, manager of the airport, tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that 95 percent of the funding for the project will come from the FAA. An additional 2.5 percent will come from the state Department of Transportation and 2.5 percent will come from a local match.
Redditt says another Airport Improvement Grant, will help make further improvements to the taxiway.
He said groundbreaking on the new all-weather tower is scheduled for the middle of next month.
The tower is scheduled to be completed by May 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued