City Council approves airport grant
GREENWOOD — The Greenwood City Council has approved accepting a $444,000 FAA grant for improving drainage at Greenwood-Leflore Airport.
Bardin Redditt, manager of the airport, tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that 95 percent of the funding for the project will come from the FAA. An additional 2.5 percent will come from the state Department of Transportation and 2.5 percent will come from a local match.
Redditt says another Airport Improvement Grant, will help make further improvements to the taxiway.
He said groundbreaking on the new all-weather tower is scheduled for the middle of next month.
The tower is scheduled to be completed by May 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility