Millsaps College makes national ranking
by Wally Northway
Published: August 10,2010
JACKSON — The Princeton Review has selected Millsaps College as one of the country’s best institutions for undergraduate education. The education services company features Millsaps in the 2011 edition of its annual college guide “The Best 373 Colleges.”
Only about 15 percent of America’s 2,500 four-year colleges and two Canadian colleges are in the book. Robert Franek, Princeton Review’s senior vice president of publishing and author of “The Best 373 Colleges,” said outstanding academics is the primary standard for the selection of schools for the book.
In its profile about Millsaps The Princeton Review notes that points of pride for the College include a broad core curriculum, a strong interdisciplinary writing program, a five-year MBA program, highly respected pre-professional programs in law and medicine and a strong emphasis on study abroad.
The Princeton Review ranked Millsaps in the top 20 in the class discussions are encouraged category. The Princeton Review also placed Millsaps in the top 20 lots of race/class interaction category.
Earlier this year, The Princeton Review selected Millsaps as one of the nation’s 50 “Best Value” private colleges and universities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Millsaps College makes national ranking”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip