Millsaps College makes national ranking
Published: August 10,2010
JACKSON — The Princeton Review has selected Millsaps College as one of the country’s best institutions for undergraduate education. The education services company features Millsaps in the 2011 edition of its annual college guide “The Best 373 Colleges.”
Only about 15 percent of America’s 2,500 four-year colleges and two Canadian colleges are in the book. Robert Franek, Princeton Review’s senior vice president of publishing and author of “The Best 373 Colleges,” said outstanding academics is the primary standard for the selection of schools for the book.
In its profile about Millsaps The Princeton Review notes that points of pride for the College include a broad core curriculum, a strong interdisciplinary writing program, a five-year MBA program, highly respected pre-professional programs in law and medicine and a strong emphasis on study abroad.
The Princeton Review ranked Millsaps in the top 20 in the class discussions are encouraged category. The Princeton Review also placed Millsaps in the top 20 lots of race/class interaction category.
Earlier this year, The Princeton Review selected Millsaps as one of the nation’s 50 “Best Value” private colleges and universities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Millsaps College makes national ranking”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal