Southern Motion breaks ground for expansion
PONTOTOC — A company that makes reclining furniture broke ground yesterday for a plant expansion in northeast Mississippi.
Southern Motion says it’s investing $7 million in its new 180,000-square-foot production facility in Pontotoc.
The company says it will create at least 200 new jobs over the next two years, with the potential to double that number within five years.
The state’s economic agency, Mississippi Development Authority, says it provided incentives for infrastructure improvements to help with the Southern Motion expansion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment