Southern Motion breaks ground for expansion
PONTOTOC — A company that makes reclining furniture broke ground yesterday for a plant expansion in northeast Mississippi.
Southern Motion says it’s investing $7 million in its new 180,000-square-foot production facility in Pontotoc.
The company says it will create at least 200 new jobs over the next two years, with the potential to double that number within five years.
The state’s economic agency, Mississippi Development Authority, says it provided incentives for infrastructure improvements to help with the Southern Motion expansion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium