Southern Motion breaks ground for expansion
PONTOTOC — A company that makes reclining furniture broke ground yesterday for a plant expansion in northeast Mississippi.
Southern Motion says it’s investing $7 million in its new 180,000-square-foot production facility in Pontotoc.
The company says it will create at least 200 new jobs over the next two years, with the potential to double that number within five years.
The state’s economic agency, Mississippi Development Authority, says it provided incentives for infrastructure improvements to help with the Southern Motion expansion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy