Southern Motion breaks ground for expansion
PONTOTOC — A company that makes reclining furniture broke ground yesterday for a plant expansion in northeast Mississippi.
Southern Motion says it’s investing $7 million in its new 180,000-square-foot production facility in Pontotoc.
The company says it will create at least 200 new jobs over the next two years, with the potential to double that number within five years.
The state’s economic agency, Mississippi Development Authority, says it provided incentives for infrastructure improvements to help with the Southern Motion expansion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition