Southern Motion breaks ground for expansion
PONTOTOC — A company that makes reclining furniture broke ground yesterday for a plant expansion in northeast Mississippi.
Southern Motion says it’s investing $7 million in its new 180,000-square-foot production facility in Pontotoc.
The company says it will create at least 200 new jobs over the next two years, with the potential to double that number within five years.
The state’s economic agency, Mississippi Development Authority, says it provided incentives for infrastructure improvements to help with the Southern Motion expansion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge