Port to have completed plan at year’s end
PASCAGOULA — Port of Pascagoula officials have been told they’ll have a new 20-year strategic plan in hand by December.
Lori Baer, from the Sunrise, Fla., office of engineering and architecture firm AECOM, attended a Board of Commissioners meeting Aug. 10 and gave an update on the company’s progress with the plan.
Officials say the proposal should position the port to remain competitive in a changing maritime industry.
The Mississippi Press reports that Baer says the firm is focusing on short-sea shipping and Brazil, which represents a “huge market” and opportunity for growth.
Port director Mark McAndrews says the plan will replace the existing one that was developed in 1996 and updated in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss