Port to have completed plan at year’s end
PASCAGOULA — Port of Pascagoula officials have been told they’ll have a new 20-year strategic plan in hand by December.
Lori Baer, from the Sunrise, Fla., office of engineering and architecture firm AECOM, attended a Board of Commissioners meeting Aug. 10 and gave an update on the company’s progress with the plan.
Officials say the proposal should position the port to remain competitive in a changing maritime industry.
The Mississippi Press reports that Baer says the firm is focusing on short-sea shipping and Brazil, which represents a “huge market” and opportunity for growth.
Port director Mark McAndrews says the plan will replace the existing one that was developed in 1996 and updated in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders