Keeping our eye on: Amber Brislin
Published: August 15,2010
Education: Mississippi State University, BA in communication
Current Position: Director of Main Street Columbus Inc.
Amber Brislin says she doesn’t regret growing up in the Golden Triangle or her time outside of it. “Moving away from my hometown was one of the best things I have ever done, but moving back was even better,” she said. After college, Brislin moved first to Tupelo and then to Florida and Michigan to “grow her career and enjoy different parts of the country.”
That career eventually brought her back to her native roots, where she now serves as director of Main Street Columbus, working to promote downtown retail development and special events while improving the community’s quality of life. Her work has led to the city earning a national award as the 2010 “Great American Main Street” by the national Main Street association, a proud moment for Brislin and her associates. Brislin is married to fellow native Quinn Brislin and is active in the Rotary Club, the Columbus Riverwalk & Downtown Beautification Committee and the United Way of Lowndes County. She is also a 2009 graduate of Leadership Lowndes County and is a board member of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi.
Must Have Mississippi Food: Crawfish
Favorite Hangout: “Either my front or back porch- and of course the beach whenever given the opportunity!”
Favorite TV Show: “Amazing Race”
Favorite Movie: “Back to the Future”
Mississippi’s Best Kept Secret: “You can’t put a price tag on Southern hospitality and everything that comes with it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option