Keeping our eye on: Amber Brislin
by Stephen McDill
Published: August 15,2010
Education: Mississippi State University, BA in communication
Current Position: Director of Main Street Columbus Inc.
Amber Brislin says she doesn’t regret growing up in the Golden Triangle or her time outside of it. “Moving away from my hometown was one of the best things I have ever done, but moving back was even better,” she said. After college, Brislin moved first to Tupelo and then to Florida and Michigan to “grow her career and enjoy different parts of the country.”
That career eventually brought her back to her native roots, where she now serves as director of Main Street Columbus, working to promote downtown retail development and special events while improving the community’s quality of life. Her work has led to the city earning a national award as the 2010 “Great American Main Street” by the national Main Street association, a proud moment for Brislin and her associates. Brislin is married to fellow native Quinn Brislin and is active in the Rotary Club, the Columbus Riverwalk & Downtown Beautification Committee and the United Way of Lowndes County. She is also a 2009 graduate of Leadership Lowndes County and is a board member of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi.
Must Have Mississippi Food: Crawfish
Favorite Hangout: “Either my front or back porch- and of course the beach whenever given the opportunity!”
Favorite TV Show: “Amazing Race”
Favorite Movie: “Back to the Future”
Mississippi’s Best Kept Secret: “You can’t put a price tag on Southern hospitality and everything that comes with it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term