Mitchell returning to Ole Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 15,2010
Charlie Mitchell, longtime executive editor of The Vicksburg Post and a past president of the Mississippi Press Association, has been named assistant dean of the Meek School of Journalism and New Media at Ole Miss.
Mitchell will begin his new duties on campus Aug. 19, according to an announcement made by Dean Will Norton.
He has nearly 35 years of experience as a working journalist. He joined The Vicksburg Post in 1975 as a reporter. He previously was an instructor in journalism at Ole Miss, returning to Vicksburg in 1986 to assume his current position.
Mitchell earned his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State and his law degree from Ole Miss.
Executives at the Post said no decision has been made on a successor for the top editor’s post at the daily newspaper.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter