Mitchell returning to Ole Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 15,2010
Charlie Mitchell, longtime executive editor of The Vicksburg Post and a past president of the Mississippi Press Association, has been named assistant dean of the Meek School of Journalism and New Media at Ole Miss.
Mitchell will begin his new duties on campus Aug. 19, according to an announcement made by Dean Will Norton.
He has nearly 35 years of experience as a working journalist. He joined The Vicksburg Post in 1975 as a reporter. He previously was an instructor in journalism at Ole Miss, returning to Vicksburg in 1986 to assume his current position.
Mitchell earned his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State and his law degree from Ole Miss.
Executives at the Post said no decision has been made on a successor for the top editor’s post at the daily newspaper.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015