Mitchell returning to Ole Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 15,2010
Charlie Mitchell, longtime executive editor of The Vicksburg Post and a past president of the Mississippi Press Association, has been named assistant dean of the Meek School of Journalism and New Media at Ole Miss.
Mitchell will begin his new duties on campus Aug. 19, according to an announcement made by Dean Will Norton.
He has nearly 35 years of experience as a working journalist. He joined The Vicksburg Post in 1975 as a reporter. He previously was an instructor in journalism at Ole Miss, returning to Vicksburg in 1986 to assume his current position.
Mitchell earned his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State and his law degree from Ole Miss.
Executives at the Post said no decision has been made on a successor for the top editor’s post at the daily newspaper.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast