Mitchell returning to Ole Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 15,2010
Charlie Mitchell, longtime executive editor of The Vicksburg Post and a past president of the Mississippi Press Association, has been named assistant dean of the Meek School of Journalism and New Media at Ole Miss.
Mitchell will begin his new duties on campus Aug. 19, according to an announcement made by Dean Will Norton.
He has nearly 35 years of experience as a working journalist. He joined The Vicksburg Post in 1975 as a reporter. He previously was an instructor in journalism at Ole Miss, returning to Vicksburg in 1986 to assume his current position.
Mitchell earned his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State and his law degree from Ole Miss.
Executives at the Post said no decision has been made on a successor for the top editor’s post at the daily newspaper.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early