Mitchell returning to Ole Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 15,2010
Charlie Mitchell, longtime executive editor of The Vicksburg Post and a past president of the Mississippi Press Association, has been named assistant dean of the Meek School of Journalism and New Media at Ole Miss.
Mitchell will begin his new duties on campus Aug. 19, according to an announcement made by Dean Will Norton.
He has nearly 35 years of experience as a working journalist. He joined The Vicksburg Post in 1975 as a reporter. He previously was an instructor in journalism at Ole Miss, returning to Vicksburg in 1986 to assume his current position.
Mitchell earned his bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State and his law degree from Ole Miss.
Executives at the Post said no decision has been made on a successor for the top editor’s post at the daily newspaper.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State