What’s good for the alien is good for the employer
If (State Sen. Lee Yancy) is so gung-ho about about immigration laws being “a matter of national security and public safety” and wants legislation “similar to the Arizona law combating illegal immigration,” how does he feel about punishing corporations like Howard Industries for hiring illegal aliens? Some of these Mississippi lawmakers are such hippocrits on this issue. They want to punish the illegal alien for being here, but won’t punish the employer for bringing them here.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports