Coliseum wraps up renovation project
BILOXI — Construction and remodeling are complete at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center.
A 50-foot-long ribbon will be cut tomorrow at 5 p.m.
In less than three years the existing Biloxi convention center was completely remodeled, and a convention center expansion built along with a parking garage. The Coliseum has new doors and windows, a new electronic scoreboard, restrooms, security and concession stands.
Executive director Bill Holmes tells The Sun Herald that the total cost was $118 million.
Holmes said funding came from FEMA and Hurricane Katrina insurance proceeds, Community Development Block Grant money and bonds approved by Harrison County voters in a referendum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Coliseum wraps up renovation project”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil