Coliseum wraps up renovation project
BILOXI — Construction and remodeling are complete at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center.
A 50-foot-long ribbon will be cut tomorrow at 5 p.m.
In less than three years the existing Biloxi convention center was completely remodeled, and a convention center expansion built along with a parking garage. The Coliseum has new doors and windows, a new electronic scoreboard, restrooms, security and concession stands.
Executive director Bill Holmes tells The Sun Herald that the total cost was $118 million.
Holmes said funding came from FEMA and Hurricane Katrina insurance proceeds, Community Development Block Grant money and bonds approved by Harrison County voters in a referendum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Coliseum wraps up renovation project”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment