Coliseum wraps up renovation project
BILOXI — Construction and remodeling are complete at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center.
A 50-foot-long ribbon will be cut tomorrow at 5 p.m.
In less than three years the existing Biloxi convention center was completely remodeled, and a convention center expansion built along with a parking garage. The Coliseum has new doors and windows, a new electronic scoreboard, restrooms, security and concession stands.
Executive director Bill Holmes tells The Sun Herald that the total cost was $118 million.
Holmes said funding came from FEMA and Hurricane Katrina insurance proceeds, Community Development Block Grant money and bonds approved by Harrison County voters in a referendum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Coliseum wraps up renovation project”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money