Coliseum wraps up renovation project
BILOXI — Construction and remodeling are complete at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center.
A 50-foot-long ribbon will be cut tomorrow at 5 p.m.
In less than three years the existing Biloxi convention center was completely remodeled, and a convention center expansion built along with a parking garage. The Coliseum has new doors and windows, a new electronic scoreboard, restrooms, security and concession stands.
Executive director Bill Holmes tells The Sun Herald that the total cost was $118 million.
Holmes said funding came from FEMA and Hurricane Katrina insurance proceeds, Community Development Block Grant money and bonds approved by Harrison County voters in a referendum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Coliseum wraps up renovation project”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments