Coliseum wraps up renovation project
BILOXI — Construction and remodeling are complete at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center.
A 50-foot-long ribbon will be cut tomorrow at 5 p.m.
In less than three years the existing Biloxi convention center was completely remodeled, and a convention center expansion built along with a parking garage. The Coliseum has new doors and windows, a new electronic scoreboard, restrooms, security and concession stands.
Executive director Bill Holmes tells The Sun Herald that the total cost was $118 million.
Holmes said funding came from FEMA and Hurricane Katrina insurance proceeds, Community Development Block Grant money and bonds approved by Harrison County voters in a referendum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Coliseum wraps up renovation project”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson