MDOT installing traffic counters on Coast
Published: August 16,2010
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has begun a project to install radar detection traffic counters at various locations along Interstate 10 and Interstate 110 in Harrison County.
The project was awarded to Lamey Electric Inc. of Biloxi, MS for $103,000.
The project will assist the MDOT Traffic Division with traffic counting efforts.
“These traffic counters will provide state-of-the-art technology to assist with gauging traffic patterns along these major highway routes in Harrison County,” said District Six engineer Kelly Castleberry. “This information will give MDOT a better idea of highway infrastructure needs in the years to come.”
Locations for the installation of the traffic counters include: I-110 between U.S. 90 and Bayview Avenue; I-10 at D’Iberville Boulevard; I-10 at U.S. 49; and, I-10 at County Farm Road
Construction crews will be staking the locations for the installation in the coming days, with construction work to follow later this month. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist