MDOT installing traffic counters on Coast
Published: August 16,2010
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has begun a project to install radar detection traffic counters at various locations along Interstate 10 and Interstate 110 in Harrison County.
The project was awarded to Lamey Electric Inc. of Biloxi, MS for $103,000.
The project will assist the MDOT Traffic Division with traffic counting efforts.
“These traffic counters will provide state-of-the-art technology to assist with gauging traffic patterns along these major highway routes in Harrison County,” said District Six engineer Kelly Castleberry. “This information will give MDOT a better idea of highway infrastructure needs in the years to come.”
Locations for the installation of the traffic counters include: I-110 between U.S. 90 and Bayview Avenue; I-10 at D’Iberville Boulevard; I-10 at U.S. 49; and, I-10 at County Farm Road
Construction crews will be staking the locations for the installation in the coming days, with construction work to follow later this month. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist