MDOT installing traffic counters on Coast
Published: August 16,2010
HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has begun a project to install radar detection traffic counters at various locations along Interstate 10 and Interstate 110 in Harrison County.
The project was awarded to Lamey Electric Inc. of Biloxi, MS for $103,000.
The project will assist the MDOT Traffic Division with traffic counting efforts.
“These traffic counters will provide state-of-the-art technology to assist with gauging traffic patterns along these major highway routes in Harrison County,” said District Six engineer Kelly Castleberry. “This information will give MDOT a better idea of highway infrastructure needs in the years to come.”
Locations for the installation of the traffic counters include: I-110 between U.S. 90 and Bayview Avenue; I-10 at D’Iberville Boulevard; I-10 at U.S. 49; and, I-10 at County Farm Road
Construction crews will be staking the locations for the installation in the coming days, with construction work to follow later this month. The project is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds