Workers rack up $1M-plus in overtime
Published: August 16,2010
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg city employees earned more than $1 million in overtime last year. The Hattiesburg American reports that one fire department engineer’s overtime boosted his paycheck above the fire chief’s.
The Hattiesburg American requested and analyzed salary reports for the information.
It says the fire department engineer got $34,876 in overtime — doubling his annual salary for a total of $69,476.
Fire Chief David Webster earned $63,310. He says he has to make up almost 20 vacancies with overtime to keep enough fire trucks working.
The newspaper says the overtime checks averaged out to about $2,800, but nearly 20 workers earned at least $10,000 in overtime.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life