First phase of Coast road project complete
by Wally Northway
Published: August 17,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the first phase of construction on an intersection improvement project at Ocean Springs Road and U.S. 90 in Jackson County.
Starting next week, Ocean Springs Road at U.S. 90 will undergo significant changes in traffic movement as MDOT begins the second phase of the roadway improvement project. The new signal at Ocean Springs Road (North) and U.S. 90 at the National Seashore will be activated. All traffic using Ocean Springs Road north of U.S. 90, including Ocean Springs Hospital, will be redirected through the new intersection. Guildford Road will be closed during this construction phase; however, access to the hospital will remain open at this location.
The $3.5-million improvement project was awarded to Gulf Equipment Corp. of Theodore, Ala. It is scheduled for completion by the end of this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy