First phase of Coast road project complete
by Wally Northway
Published: August 17,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the first phase of construction on an intersection improvement project at Ocean Springs Road and U.S. 90 in Jackson County.
Starting next week, Ocean Springs Road at U.S. 90 will undergo significant changes in traffic movement as MDOT begins the second phase of the roadway improvement project. The new signal at Ocean Springs Road (North) and U.S. 90 at the National Seashore will be activated. All traffic using Ocean Springs Road north of U.S. 90, including Ocean Springs Hospital, will be redirected through the new intersection. Guildford Road will be closed during this construction phase; however, access to the hospital will remain open at this location.
The $3.5-million improvement project was awarded to Gulf Equipment Corp. of Theodore, Ala. It is scheduled for completion by the end of this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up