First phase of Coast road project complete
Published: August 17,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the first phase of construction on an intersection improvement project at Ocean Springs Road and U.S. 90 in Jackson County.
Starting next week, Ocean Springs Road at U.S. 90 will undergo significant changes in traffic movement as MDOT begins the second phase of the roadway improvement project. The new signal at Ocean Springs Road (North) and U.S. 90 at the National Seashore will be activated. All traffic using Ocean Springs Road north of U.S. 90, including Ocean Springs Hospital, will be redirected through the new intersection. Guildford Road will be closed during this construction phase; however, access to the hospital will remain open at this location.
The $3.5-million improvement project was awarded to Gulf Equipment Corp. of Theodore, Ala. It is scheduled for completion by the end of this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again