First phase of Coast road project complete
Published: August 17,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the first phase of construction on an intersection improvement project at Ocean Springs Road and U.S. 90 in Jackson County.
Starting next week, Ocean Springs Road at U.S. 90 will undergo significant changes in traffic movement as MDOT begins the second phase of the roadway improvement project. The new signal at Ocean Springs Road (North) and U.S. 90 at the National Seashore will be activated. All traffic using Ocean Springs Road north of U.S. 90, including Ocean Springs Hospital, will be redirected through the new intersection. Guildford Road will be closed during this construction phase; however, access to the hospital will remain open at this location.
The $3.5-million improvement project was awarded to Gulf Equipment Corp. of Theodore, Ala. It is scheduled for completion by the end of this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager