First phase of Coast road project complete
Published: August 17,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has completed the first phase of construction on an intersection improvement project at Ocean Springs Road and U.S. 90 in Jackson County.
Starting next week, Ocean Springs Road at U.S. 90 will undergo significant changes in traffic movement as MDOT begins the second phase of the roadway improvement project. The new signal at Ocean Springs Road (North) and U.S. 90 at the National Seashore will be activated. All traffic using Ocean Springs Road north of U.S. 90, including Ocean Springs Hospital, will be redirected through the new intersection. Guildford Road will be closed during this construction phase; however, access to the hospital will remain open at this location.
The $3.5-million improvement project was awarded to Gulf Equipment Corp. of Theodore, Ala. It is scheduled for completion by the end of this year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways