MC cuts ribbon on Flowood Center
FLOWOOD — Mississippi College (MC) yesterday cut the ribbon and held an open house for its new Flowood Center in Rankin County. The Clinton-based private college welcomes its Accelerated Degree Program (ADP) students to the Flowood Center this week.
Classes begin Aug. 23 at the new location, which is housed next door to the Chamber of Flowood and Visitor’s Center on Laurel Park Cove.
Boasting eight classrooms, the Flowood Center will also use compressed interactive video (CIV). This technology enables students to connect live anywhere in the world, via video and audio conferencing.
Sara Kimmel, Ph.D., is the executive director of the Accelerated Degree Program, and will also teach business classes at the Flowood Center.
“In this economy, many public and private universities are cutting offerings and services to students,” Kimmel said. “However, MC continues to invest in the local economy and community by opening this new, convenient home for the Accelerated Degree Program.”
MC’s Accelerated Degree Program is designed for adults, including those working full-time while furthering their education. Each course is offered in eight-week sessions that meet two evenings per week.
In the future, the Flowood Center will offer elective, graduate-level and continuing education courses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding