MC cuts ribbon on Flowood Center
FLOWOOD — Mississippi College (MC) yesterday cut the ribbon and held an open house for its new Flowood Center in Rankin County. The Clinton-based private college welcomes its Accelerated Degree Program (ADP) students to the Flowood Center this week.
Classes begin Aug. 23 at the new location, which is housed next door to the Chamber of Flowood and Visitor’s Center on Laurel Park Cove.
Boasting eight classrooms, the Flowood Center will also use compressed interactive video (CIV). This technology enables students to connect live anywhere in the world, via video and audio conferencing.
Sara Kimmel, Ph.D., is the executive director of the Accelerated Degree Program, and will also teach business classes at the Flowood Center.
“In this economy, many public and private universities are cutting offerings and services to students,” Kimmel said. “However, MC continues to invest in the local economy and community by opening this new, convenient home for the Accelerated Degree Program.”
MC’s Accelerated Degree Program is designed for adults, including those working full-time while furthering their education. Each course is offered in eight-week sessions that meet two evenings per week.
In the future, the Flowood Center will offer elective, graduate-level and continuing education courses.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so