MHC awards $8M in Housing Tax Credits
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC) has awarded over $8 million in Housing Tax Credits (HTC) to developers for the construction and rehabilitation of 589 units statewide.
The MHC said the developments will create over 500 jobs, which will provide $12.89 million in constructions wages and produce $67.78 million in related spending in their communities.
Housing tax credits are awarded on a competitive basis. This year, MHC received 33 applications for over $17 million in credits. Applications are selected based on a number of scoring items such as amenities for tenants, environmentally friendly building methods and for providing community services.
Investment in the housing tax credit program provides various types of housing, from single family lease-purchase, to rehabilitation of older housing, to new multi-family developments.
Developments funded with tax credits from the 2010 cycle are located in Jackson, Natchez, Columbus, New Augusta, Hattiesburg, Laurel and Starkville.
A full list of developments and applicants can be found at MHC’s website, www.mshomecorp.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino