MHC awards $8M in Housing Tax Credits
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC) has awarded over $8 million in Housing Tax Credits (HTC) to developers for the construction and rehabilitation of 589 units statewide.
The MHC said the developments will create over 500 jobs, which will provide $12.89 million in constructions wages and produce $67.78 million in related spending in their communities.
Housing tax credits are awarded on a competitive basis. This year, MHC received 33 applications for over $17 million in credits. Applications are selected based on a number of scoring items such as amenities for tenants, environmentally friendly building methods and for providing community services.
Investment in the housing tax credit program provides various types of housing, from single family lease-purchase, to rehabilitation of older housing, to new multi-family developments.
Developments funded with tax credits from the 2010 cycle are located in Jackson, Natchez, Columbus, New Augusta, Hattiesburg, Laurel and Starkville.
A full list of developments and applicants can be found at MHC’s website, www.mshomecorp.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image