MHC awards $8M in Housing Tax Credits
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC) has awarded over $8 million in Housing Tax Credits (HTC) to developers for the construction and rehabilitation of 589 units statewide.
The MHC said the developments will create over 500 jobs, which will provide $12.89 million in constructions wages and produce $67.78 million in related spending in their communities.
Housing tax credits are awarded on a competitive basis. This year, MHC received 33 applications for over $17 million in credits. Applications are selected based on a number of scoring items such as amenities for tenants, environmentally friendly building methods and for providing community services.
Investment in the housing tax credit program provides various types of housing, from single family lease-purchase, to rehabilitation of older housing, to new multi-family developments.
Developments funded with tax credits from the 2010 cycle are located in Jackson, Natchez, Columbus, New Augusta, Hattiesburg, Laurel and Starkville.
A full list of developments and applicants can be found at MHC’s website, www.mshomecorp.com.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy