BlueFire launches re-branding campaign
Published: August 18,2010
FULTON — BlueFire Ethanol Fuels Inc. has changed its name to BlueFire Renewables Inc. to more clearly illustrate the company’s capabilities in renewable energy. BlueFire Renewables will continue to trade as BFRE.OB.
BlueFire can produce a vast array of other biofuels, including biodiesel, biojet fuel, drop-in directs and more. As such, the name change and re-branding as a renewable energy company more clearly represents the many applications for which BlueFire’s technology can be applied.
“BlueFire is more than just an ethanol company. We’re happy to at last announce the expansion of our capabilities, and feel that this name captures our spirit for innovation and development of cleaner alternatives to fossil fuels,” says Arnold Klann, CEO of Irvine, Calif.-based BlueFire Renewables. “Our goal with this name change is to demonstrate the company’s potential to vertically integrate our technology into other areas of renewable energy and help us avoid the confusion with traditional ethanol producers.”
BlueFire Renewables is also currently in the process of developing two cellulosic ethanol facilities in Lancaster, Calif., and Fulton in Northeast Mississippi. The fully-permitted and shovel-ready Lancaster facility, BlueFire’s first U.S. commercial plant, will use post-sorted cellulosic wastes diverted from Southern California’s landfills to produce approximately 3.9 million gallons of fuel-grade ethanol per year.
BlueFire is in the detailed engineering phase for its second commercial plant in Fulton, which will produce approximately 19 million gallons of ethanol per year from woody biomass, mill residue and other cellulosic waste.
BlueFire Renewables recently announced that the Department of Energy has determined that BlueFire has met the requirements necessary for Phase I completion of the application process for its loan guarantee and that the company has been invited to continue on to Phase II for the financing of its Fulton project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “BlueFire launches re-branding campaign”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet