Chamber comes out in support of insurance bill
by Wally Northway
Published: August 18,2010
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce has come out in full support of HR 1264, also known as the Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2009.
The chamber says the bipartisan bill ensures access to needed wind damage insurance for homeowners by expanding the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Wes Fulmer, Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce chair, said, “This bill is vital to home owners and businesses of the Mississippi Gulf Coast should another natural disaster strike. The passing of the Multiple Peril Insurance Act will help in the progressive advancement of the Gulf Coast after another weather related catastrophe.”
The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce had previous submitted letters in support of the bill to Congressman Gene Taylor (D-Miss.), members of the House Financial Service Committee and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues