Chamber comes out in support of insurance bill
Published: August 18,2010
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce has come out in full support of HR 1264, also known as the Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2009.
The chamber says the bipartisan bill ensures access to needed wind damage insurance for homeowners by expanding the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Wes Fulmer, Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce chair, said, “This bill is vital to home owners and businesses of the Mississippi Gulf Coast should another natural disaster strike. The passing of the Multiple Peril Insurance Act will help in the progressive advancement of the Gulf Coast after another weather related catastrophe.”
The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce had previous submitted letters in support of the bill to Congressman Gene Taylor (D-Miss.), members of the House Financial Service Committee and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement