Chamber comes out in support of insurance bill
Published: August 18,2010
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce has come out in full support of HR 1264, also known as the Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2009.
The chamber says the bipartisan bill ensures access to needed wind damage insurance for homeowners by expanding the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Wes Fulmer, Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce chair, said, “This bill is vital to home owners and businesses of the Mississippi Gulf Coast should another natural disaster strike. The passing of the Multiple Peril Insurance Act will help in the progressive advancement of the Gulf Coast after another weather related catastrophe.”
The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce had previous submitted letters in support of the bill to Congressman Gene Taylor (D-Miss.), members of the House Financial Service Committee and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file