Chamber comes out in support of insurance bill
Published: August 18,2010
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce has come out in full support of HR 1264, also known as the Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2009.
The chamber says the bipartisan bill ensures access to needed wind damage insurance for homeowners by expanding the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Wes Fulmer, Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce chair, said, “This bill is vital to home owners and businesses of the Mississippi Gulf Coast should another natural disaster strike. The passing of the Multiple Peril Insurance Act will help in the progressive advancement of the Gulf Coast after another weather related catastrophe.”
The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce had previous submitted letters in support of the bill to Congressman Gene Taylor (D-Miss.), members of the House Financial Service Committee and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal