Chamber comes out in support of insurance bill
Published: August 18,2010
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce has come out in full support of HR 1264, also known as the Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2009.
The chamber says the bipartisan bill ensures access to needed wind damage insurance for homeowners by expanding the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Wes Fulmer, Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce chair, said, “This bill is vital to home owners and businesses of the Mississippi Gulf Coast should another natural disaster strike. The passing of the Multiple Peril Insurance Act will help in the progressive advancement of the Gulf Coast after another weather related catastrophe.”
The Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce had previous submitted letters in support of the bill to Congressman Gene Taylor (D-Miss.), members of the House Financial Service Committee and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur