MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification
JACKSON — MMC Materials’ Interstate 220 Concrete Plant in Jackson has earned National Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s (NRMCA’s) Green-Star certification.
According to the company, the plant is one of the first in the nation and the first in Mississippi to earn this NRMCA designation.
The Environmental Task Force Group of the Operations, Environmental and Safety Committee (NRMCA-OES), in collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, designed the Green-Star Program to support the efforts of the ready mixed concrete industry towards environmental excellence through the use of environmental management systems.
MMC will hold a ceremony Sept. 15 beginning at 10 a.m. at the plant located on Forest Avenue marking the achievement, an event that will include raising the Green Star flag over the facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal