MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification
JACKSON — MMC Materials’ Interstate 220 Concrete Plant in Jackson has earned National Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s (NRMCA’s) Green-Star certification.
According to the company, the plant is one of the first in the nation and the first in Mississippi to earn this NRMCA designation.
The Environmental Task Force Group of the Operations, Environmental and Safety Committee (NRMCA-OES), in collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, designed the Green-Star Program to support the efforts of the ready mixed concrete industry towards environmental excellence through the use of environmental management systems.
MMC will hold a ceremony Sept. 15 beginning at 10 a.m. at the plant located on Forest Avenue marking the achievement, an event that will include raising the Green Star flag over the facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium