MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification
JACKSON — MMC Materials’ Interstate 220 Concrete Plant in Jackson has earned National Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s (NRMCA’s) Green-Star certification.
According to the company, the plant is one of the first in the nation and the first in Mississippi to earn this NRMCA designation.
The Environmental Task Force Group of the Operations, Environmental and Safety Committee (NRMCA-OES), in collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, designed the Green-Star Program to support the efforts of the ready mixed concrete industry towards environmental excellence through the use of environmental management systems.
MMC will hold a ceremony Sept. 15 beginning at 10 a.m. at the plant located on Forest Avenue marking the achievement, an event that will include raising the Green Star flag over the facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says