MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification
JACKSON — MMC Materials’ Interstate 220 Concrete Plant in Jackson has earned National Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s (NRMCA’s) Green-Star certification.
According to the company, the plant is one of the first in the nation and the first in Mississippi to earn this NRMCA designation.
The Environmental Task Force Group of the Operations, Environmental and Safety Committee (NRMCA-OES), in collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, designed the Green-Star Program to support the efforts of the ready mixed concrete industry towards environmental excellence through the use of environmental management systems.
MMC will hold a ceremony Sept. 15 beginning at 10 a.m. at the plant located on Forest Avenue marking the achievement, an event that will include raising the Green Star flag over the facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects