MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification
JACKSON — MMC Materials’ Interstate 220 Concrete Plant in Jackson has earned National Ready Mixed Concrete Association’s (NRMCA’s) Green-Star certification.
According to the company, the plant is one of the first in the nation and the first in Mississippi to earn this NRMCA designation.
The Environmental Task Force Group of the Operations, Environmental and Safety Committee (NRMCA-OES), in collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, designed the Green-Star Program to support the efforts of the ready mixed concrete industry towards environmental excellence through the use of environmental management systems.
MMC will hold a ceremony Sept. 15 beginning at 10 a.m. at the plant located on Forest Avenue marking the achievement, an event that will include raising the Green Star flag over the facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “MMC plant first to earn Green Star certification”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces