Medicaid gets new EHR/e-prescribing system
Published: August 20,2010
JACKSON — The Mississippi Division of Medicaid and Shared Health Inc. have launched the state’s electronic health record (EHR) system and electronic prescribing (e-prescribing) solution for more than 500,000 Medicaid beneficiaries.
Under the contract announced last August, Shared Health is working with the Division of Medicaid to connect the Medicaid beneficiaries’ medical information across his/her network of clinical providers using Shared Health products and services.
Robert L. Robinson, Medicaid executive director, said, “With the cost savings resulting from implementing an EHR/eScript system in Mississippi, we will be able to provide better service and care for the underserved population in our state.”
As part of the four-year contract, Shared Health will offer state Medicaid healthcare providers with a secure web-based HER, an e-prescribing system and access to hospital discharge information. Shared Health will also provide clinical outreach services in support of EHR adoption by Medicaid physicians statewide.
Shared Health’s network, which includes a total of 4,200 physicians and nearly 4 million patient records, aims to register about 1,000 physicians in Mississippi for this solution.
Through the partnership, the Division of Medicaid will also be able to store records electronically in a secure location, allowing access to those records even in the event of a natural or man-made disaster, preserving critical health data of Medicaid recipients across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Medicaid gets new EHR/e-prescribing system”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran