Medicaid gets new EHR/e-prescribing system
Published: August 20,2010
JACKSON — The Mississippi Division of Medicaid and Shared Health Inc. have launched the state’s electronic health record (EHR) system and electronic prescribing (e-prescribing) solution for more than 500,000 Medicaid beneficiaries.
Under the contract announced last August, Shared Health is working with the Division of Medicaid to connect the Medicaid beneficiaries’ medical information across his/her network of clinical providers using Shared Health products and services.
Robert L. Robinson, Medicaid executive director, said, “With the cost savings resulting from implementing an EHR/eScript system in Mississippi, we will be able to provide better service and care for the underserved population in our state.”
As part of the four-year contract, Shared Health will offer state Medicaid healthcare providers with a secure web-based HER, an e-prescribing system and access to hospital discharge information. Shared Health will also provide clinical outreach services in support of EHR adoption by Medicaid physicians statewide.
Shared Health’s network, which includes a total of 4,200 physicians and nearly 4 million patient records, aims to register about 1,000 physicians in Mississippi for this solution.
Through the partnership, the Division of Medicaid will also be able to store records electronically in a secure location, allowing access to those records even in the event of a natural or man-made disaster, preserving critical health data of Medicaid recipients across the state.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Medicaid gets new EHR/e-prescribing system”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force