Barbour appoints Truax to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
A Mississippi State University department head has been appointed by Gov. Haley Barbour to the state Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Surveyors. Barbour has appointed Dennis Truax, James T. White Chair and head of MSU’s department of civil and environmental engineering in the Bagley College of Engineering, to represent the Northern District of the state until July 2013.
A licensed professional engineer, Truax’s appointment makes him the only academic serving on the nine-member panel, which consists of members from around the state. The governor selects members based on recommendations from the Mississippi Engineering Society.
Truax received his bachelor’s degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and master’s and doctoral degrees in civil engineering from MSU. His research interests include water and wastewater management systems and application of remote sensing to environmental management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal