Barbour appoints Truax to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
A Mississippi State University department head has been appointed by Gov. Haley Barbour to the state Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Surveyors. Barbour has appointed Dennis Truax, James T. White Chair and head of MSU’s department of civil and environmental engineering in the Bagley College of Engineering, to represent the Northern District of the state until July 2013.
A licensed professional engineer, Truax’s appointment makes him the only academic serving on the nine-member panel, which consists of members from around the state. The governor selects members based on recommendations from the Mississippi Engineering Society.
Truax received his bachelor’s degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and master’s and doctoral degrees in civil engineering from MSU. His research interests include water and wastewater management systems and application of remote sensing to environmental management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions