Barbour appoints Truax to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
A Mississippi State University department head has been appointed by Gov. Haley Barbour to the state Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Surveyors. Barbour has appointed Dennis Truax, James T. White Chair and head of MSU’s department of civil and environmental engineering in the Bagley College of Engineering, to represent the Northern District of the state until July 2013.
A licensed professional engineer, Truax’s appointment makes him the only academic serving on the nine-member panel, which consists of members from around the state. The governor selects members based on recommendations from the Mississippi Engineering Society.
Truax received his bachelor’s degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and master’s and doctoral degrees in civil engineering from MSU. His research interests include water and wastewater management systems and application of remote sensing to environmental management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects