Barbour appoints Truax to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
A Mississippi State University department head has been appointed by Gov. Haley Barbour to the state Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Surveyors. Barbour has appointed Dennis Truax, James T. White Chair and head of MSU’s department of civil and environmental engineering in the Bagley College of Engineering, to represent the Northern District of the state until July 2013.
A licensed professional engineer, Truax’s appointment makes him the only academic serving on the nine-member panel, which consists of members from around the state. The governor selects members based on recommendations from the Mississippi Engineering Society.
Truax received his bachelor’s degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and master’s and doctoral degrees in civil engineering from MSU. His research interests include water and wastewater management systems and application of remote sensing to environmental management.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus