Johnson retires from The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
David E. Johnson has retired from his positions as chairman of the board and as an active member of the board of directors of The First Bancshares Inc. and The First, A National Banking Association.
Johnson now serves as director emeritus upon his retirement.
Johnson served as chairman since 1998. He was also a founding director of the company and held the position of CEO from the company’s inception until Sept. 2009. The positions of chairman and CEO were separated in 2009 to provide improved corporate governance and oversight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers