Johnson retires from The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
David E. Johnson has retired from his positions as chairman of the board and as an active member of the board of directors of The First Bancshares Inc. and The First, A National Banking Association.
Johnson now serves as director emeritus upon his retirement.
Johnson served as chairman since 1998. He was also a founding director of the company and held the position of CEO from the company’s inception until Sept. 2009. The positions of chairman and CEO were separated in 2009 to provide improved corporate governance and oversight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'