Johnson retires from The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
David E. Johnson has retired from his positions as chairman of the board and as an active member of the board of directors of The First Bancshares Inc. and The First, A National Banking Association.
Johnson now serves as director emeritus upon his retirement.
Johnson served as chairman since 1998. He was also a founding director of the company and held the position of CEO from the company’s inception until Sept. 2009. The positions of chairman and CEO were separated in 2009 to provide improved corporate governance and oversight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years