Johnson retires from The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
David E. Johnson has retired from his positions as chairman of the board and as an active member of the board of directors of The First Bancshares Inc. and The First, A National Banking Association.
Johnson now serves as director emeritus upon his retirement.
Johnson served as chairman since 1998. He was also a founding director of the company and held the position of CEO from the company’s inception until Sept. 2009. The positions of chairman and CEO were separated in 2009 to provide improved corporate governance and oversight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey