Johnson retires from The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
David E. Johnson has retired from his positions as chairman of the board and as an active member of the board of directors of The First Bancshares Inc. and The First, A National Banking Association.
Johnson now serves as director emeritus upon his retirement.
Johnson served as chairman since 1998. He was also a founding director of the company and held the position of CEO from the company’s inception until Sept. 2009. The positions of chairman and CEO were separated in 2009 to provide improved corporate governance and oversight.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters