MEDC elects new officers, directors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
Tags: Arnie Williams, Barbara Smith, Beth Stevens, Blake Wallace, Charlotte Koestler, Christy Knapp, Cliff Brumfield, Gray Swoope, J. Britt Herrin, Jon Maynard, Judson Thigpen, Kathy Cloyd, Kim Richardson, Larry Barnett, Lyn Arnold, Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc., Sonny Simm, Stephen Surles Jr., Taurus Wright, Tim Mood, Tom Troxler
The Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc. (MEDC) elected officers and directors at its 2010 Summer Conference in Biloxi. Christy Knapp, Oxford, was elected president; Tom Troxler, president-elect; Barbara Smith, Tupelo, vice president chamber development; Blake Wallace, Jackson, vice president community development; Cliff Brumfield, Brookhaven, vice president economic development; Tim Mood, Ridgeland, secretary-treasurer; and, Larry Barnett, Gulfport, immediate past president.
Newly elected to the MEDC board of directors to two-year terms were Judson Thigpen, Cleveland; Jon Maynard, Starkville; J. Britt Herrin, McComb; and, Charlotte Koestler, Wiggins. Reelected was Stephen Surles Jr. , Tupelo.
Current board members with terms through 2011 are Sonny Simmons, Batesville; Taurus Wright, Jackson; Kathy Cloyd, Prentiss; Arnie Williams, Gulfport; and, Beth Stevens, Greenwood. Ex-officio board members are Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority executive director; Lyn Arnold, Tunica, SEDC director; and, Kim Richardson, West Point, SEDC alternate director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit