MEDC elects new officers, directors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
Tags: Arnie Williams, Barbara Smith, Beth Stevens, Blake Wallace, Charlotte Koestler, Christy Knapp, Cliff Brumfield, Gray Swoope, J. Britt Herrin, Jon Maynard, Judson Thigpen, Kathy Cloyd, Kim Richardson, Larry Barnett, Lyn Arnold, Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc., Sonny Simm, Stephen Surles Jr., Taurus Wright, Tim Mood, Tom Troxler
The Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc. (MEDC) elected officers and directors at its 2010 Summer Conference in Biloxi. Christy Knapp, Oxford, was elected president; Tom Troxler, president-elect; Barbara Smith, Tupelo, vice president chamber development; Blake Wallace, Jackson, vice president community development; Cliff Brumfield, Brookhaven, vice president economic development; Tim Mood, Ridgeland, secretary-treasurer; and, Larry Barnett, Gulfport, immediate past president.
Newly elected to the MEDC board of directors to two-year terms were Judson Thigpen, Cleveland; Jon Maynard, Starkville; J. Britt Herrin, McComb; and, Charlotte Koestler, Wiggins. Reelected was Stephen Surles Jr. , Tupelo.
Current board members with terms through 2011 are Sonny Simmons, Batesville; Taurus Wright, Jackson; Kathy Cloyd, Prentiss; Arnie Williams, Gulfport; and, Beth Stevens, Greenwood. Ex-officio board members are Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority executive director; Lyn Arnold, Tunica, SEDC director; and, Kim Richardson, West Point, SEDC alternate director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO