MEDC elects new officers, directors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
Tags: Arnie Williams, Barbara Smith, Beth Stevens, Blake Wallace, Charlotte Koestler, Christy Knapp, Cliff Brumfield, Gray Swoope, J. Britt Herrin, Jon Maynard, Judson Thigpen, Kathy Cloyd, Kim Richardson, Larry Barnett, Lyn Arnold, Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc., Sonny Simm, Stephen Surles Jr., Taurus Wright, Tim Mood, Tom Troxler
The Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc. (MEDC) elected officers and directors at its 2010 Summer Conference in Biloxi. Christy Knapp, Oxford, was elected president; Tom Troxler, president-elect; Barbara Smith, Tupelo, vice president chamber development; Blake Wallace, Jackson, vice president community development; Cliff Brumfield, Brookhaven, vice president economic development; Tim Mood, Ridgeland, secretary-treasurer; and, Larry Barnett, Gulfport, immediate past president.
Newly elected to the MEDC board of directors to two-year terms were Judson Thigpen, Cleveland; Jon Maynard, Starkville; J. Britt Herrin, McComb; and, Charlotte Koestler, Wiggins. Reelected was Stephen Surles Jr. , Tupelo.
Current board members with terms through 2011 are Sonny Simmons, Batesville; Taurus Wright, Jackson; Kathy Cloyd, Prentiss; Arnie Williams, Gulfport; and, Beth Stevens, Greenwood. Ex-officio board members are Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority executive director; Lyn Arnold, Tunica, SEDC director; and, Kim Richardson, West Point, SEDC alternate director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey