MEDC elects new officers, directors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
Tags: Arnie Williams, Barbara Smith, Beth Stevens, Blake Wallace, Charlotte Koestler, Christy Knapp, Cliff Brumfield, Gray Swoope, J. Britt Herrin, Jon Maynard, Judson Thigpen, Kathy Cloyd, Kim Richardson, Larry Barnett, Lyn Arnold, Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc., Sonny Simm, Stephen Surles Jr., Taurus Wright, Tim Mood, Tom Troxler
The Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc. (MEDC) elected officers and directors at its 2010 Summer Conference in Biloxi. Christy Knapp, Oxford, was elected president; Tom Troxler, president-elect; Barbara Smith, Tupelo, vice president chamber development; Blake Wallace, Jackson, vice president community development; Cliff Brumfield, Brookhaven, vice president economic development; Tim Mood, Ridgeland, secretary-treasurer; and, Larry Barnett, Gulfport, immediate past president.
Newly elected to the MEDC board of directors to two-year terms were Judson Thigpen, Cleveland; Jon Maynard, Starkville; J. Britt Herrin, McComb; and, Charlotte Koestler, Wiggins. Reelected was Stephen Surles Jr. , Tupelo.
Current board members with terms through 2011 are Sonny Simmons, Batesville; Taurus Wright, Jackson; Kathy Cloyd, Prentiss; Arnie Williams, Gulfport; and, Beth Stevens, Greenwood. Ex-officio board members are Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority executive director; Lyn Arnold, Tunica, SEDC director; and, Kim Richardson, West Point, SEDC alternate director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field