MEDC elects new officers, directors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
Tags: Arnie Williams, Barbara Smith, Beth Stevens, Blake Wallace, Charlotte Koestler, Christy Knapp, Cliff Brumfield, Gray Swoope, J. Britt Herrin, Jon Maynard, Judson Thigpen, Kathy Cloyd, Kim Richardson, Larry Barnett, Lyn Arnold, Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc., Sonny Simm, Stephen Surles Jr., Taurus Wright, Tim Mood, Tom Troxler
The Mississippi Economic Development Council Inc. (MEDC) elected officers and directors at its 2010 Summer Conference in Biloxi. Christy Knapp, Oxford, was elected president; Tom Troxler, president-elect; Barbara Smith, Tupelo, vice president chamber development; Blake Wallace, Jackson, vice president community development; Cliff Brumfield, Brookhaven, vice president economic development; Tim Mood, Ridgeland, secretary-treasurer; and, Larry Barnett, Gulfport, immediate past president.
Newly elected to the MEDC board of directors to two-year terms were Judson Thigpen, Cleveland; Jon Maynard, Starkville; J. Britt Herrin, McComb; and, Charlotte Koestler, Wiggins. Reelected was Stephen Surles Jr. , Tupelo.
Current board members with terms through 2011 are Sonny Simmons, Batesville; Taurus Wright, Jackson; Kathy Cloyd, Prentiss; Arnie Williams, Gulfport; and, Beth Stevens, Greenwood. Ex-officio board members are Gray Swoope, Mississippi Development Authority executive director; Lyn Arnold, Tunica, SEDC director; and, Kim Richardson, West Point, SEDC alternate director.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom