MHA makes Jones honorary member
During the 79th annual Mississippi Hospital Association (MHA) Leadership Conference, J.W. Jones was named an honorary member of MHA. This designation is conferred upon individuals in recognition of outstanding public or private service within the sphere of association work. Honorary members are nominated by the MHA Board of Governors and elected as such by the voting membership.
Jones began his career with Jeff Anderson Regional Medical Center in 1980 as a purchasing agent. He was promoted to personnel director in 1981, vice president in 1985 and first vice president in 1988.
Throughout his career, Jones was active in many state and local organizations including: the MHA Solutions board of directors and MHA’s Quarter Century Club; the East Mississippi Administrative Council, serving as chairman for two terms; Phi Delta Kappa Professional Association for Educators, serving as president; board member of the Meridian Rotary Club; and, board member of the University of Mississippi Alumni Association.
Jones is active with the American Cancer Society, United Way of East Mississippi, East Mississippi Business Development Corporation and the American Heart Association, serving as co-chairman with his wife, Betty Lou, on the annual Art for Heart event. They are members of First Baptist Church.
He and his wife are the parents of three adult children, LouAnn Lamar, Jenny Bryan and Will Jones. They have six grandchildren.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino